Are you someone who "Dares to do Better" with everything you do?
Do you enjoy working with customers to ensure you meet their needs?
Do you enjoy celebrating your successes and having fun?
If you answered yes to all the above, you might be a good fit for our Procurement Specialist Position!
What will you be doing?
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for the management of the entire procurement process lifecycle. This includes, but is not limited to, analyzing business needs to determine approach, managing the entire tendering process, and creating and issuing contracts and purchase orders. They are also responsible for the development and implementation of strategic procurement strategies for construction, renovations, equipment, goods, and services.
Additional responsibilities include:
· Ensure adherence to public procurement legislation and guidelines, applicable by-laws, policies, and processes
· Conduct and/or support public and selective competitive bids
· Establish and ensure adherence to vendor management best practices
· Develop strong relationships with suppliers and key agencies
· Contract negotiations and management
· Prepare Sole Source Exemptions per the Procurement Act and applicable by-laws for approval
· Process documentation and continuous improvement
What do you need to be successful?
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in business, commerce or supply chain management or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience required.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role. Public sector procurement experience is considered a strong asset.
It would be awesome if you also had…
- Supply chain management education from a recognized institution
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of procurement and purchasing practices for a variety of supplies and services including construction purchasing and their contracts
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite of products; particularly Excel
- Dynamics GP and Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Experience working in a shared services environment
- Strong communication skills in English (oral and written) with demonstrated organizational, analytical, prioritization, and interpersonal skills. French language skills are considered an asset
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, timeline sensitive and results-driven environment
- Creative problem solving abilities with strong critical thinking skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently when needed, to make sound business decisions, and to accurately balance risks with business needs
- Customer service focus, with the ability to action confidentiality and discretion
Work With Us
What's in it for You?
Being part of the Alcool NB Liquor team means being part of an organization that values its employees. In addition to offering a market competitive salary we ensure that our employees can enjoy Work-Life Balance, Professional & Personal Growth, and Service Opportunities.
- Work-Life Balance: ANBL offers comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and a generous pension plan. Employees also have access to a Health Spending Account or Wellness Subsidy; and opportunities to utilize flexible work arrangements are available.
- Professional & Personal Growth: ANBL supports many types of both internal and external activities to support your development needs; including a robust internal Accelerated Leadership Development Program.
- Service: ANBL values your contribution to your community; offering 1 paid volunteer day each year, donations to your charity of choice, and many opportunities to contribute throughout the year.
How do I join the Finance Team?
Share your resume and a cover letter with us through our online application system.
Important note: Effective September 7, 2021, as mandated by the Government of New Brunswick, new employees will require valid proof of full vaccination or a valid medical exemption certificate as a condition of employment. Those who cannot provide valid proof of full vaccination or a valid medical exemption certificate as of their start date must do so within 45 calendar days. Failure to provide proof of full vaccination or a valid medical exemption certificate within 45 calendar days will result in the offer of employment being rescinded and immediate termination of employment.
All applications should be received no later than: October 7, 2021
We thank all those who apply! For more information about ANBL, please visit www.anbl.com/careers