IT Support Specialist
Brunswick News in Saint John, NB
IT Support Specialist
Brunswick News is Atlantic Canada's most dynamic media group and provides a comprehensive package of news and information to readers throughout New Brunswick daily. Our ever growing network of media outlets includes NB's three daily newspapers, over a dozen weekly newspapers, flyer distribution services, magazines, an innovative online product, entertainment property and an online recruitment site.
We have an opening for an enthusiastic and self-disciplined team player to join our team in Saint John NB as a full-time IT Support Specialist.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Identification and resolution of technical problems with software, hardware, peripherals and other related technologies
- Assist users with software applications and products; answering questions, investigating and solving technical issues
- Use commonly used concepts and best practices in utilizing helpdesk software to monitor and track Incidents, SR's and Change Requests
- Install, upgrade and configure Windows, Linux, Mac and Chrome hardware and software
- Manages Users and Servers in a mixed WindowsLinux Environment
- Support and Troubleshoot Google Mail/Google Apps/GSuite
- Support Android and IOS mobile technologies such as tablets and handsets
- Supporting users remotely over the phone and using other remote software
- Participate in an on-call rotation to serve and support the wider team
- Post-secondary diploma in an IT-related field
- 1-2 years work experience providing IT support
- Good communication skills in English and French considered an asset
- Customer focused and solutions driven
- Technically savvy with a focus on problem solving
- Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced and busy environment
- Strong time management and attention to detail
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends when necessary
- Ability to work on projects and in a team environment
- Experience in AWS or Salesforce would be an asset
What we offer
- Opportunity to work with the newest technology and tools
- Competitive salary, retirement plan, health, drug and dental benefits
- Regular training and development opportunities
- Challenging, meaningful work within a supportive team environment
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by _____.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Brunswick News is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.