Contractor Sales Representative
Kent Building Supplies in Bathurst, NB
CONTRACTOR SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We employ over 3700 people and work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology. In addition to our retail stores, we operate truss manufacturing facilities and a wholesale drywall company. We are a member of Independent Lumber Dealers Co-operative which ensures our great product selection and pricing.
Contractor Sales Representatives partner with contractors to fully understand their needs and assist in planning construction projects. As knowledgeable sales professionals, contractor sales representatives are able to make recommendations which solve customers' problems.
Typical career steps are to move to a specialized role in commercial or institutional sales, or to become a district sales manager.
- Demonstrates high standards of safety and customer service
- Is a resource for sales associates
- Produces quotes, material lists and follows up on deliveries
- Achieves weekly, monthly and annual sales targets
- Maintains a contact list and contact schedule for prospective and existing customers
- Grows the geographic sales area by building new relationships with contractors and strengthening relationships with existing accounts
- Continually learns about products and market conditions
- Independent, problem solver
- Confident, energetic and self-motivated
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized, and can manage changing priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to quickly develop a trusting relationship with new customers, and build rapport with existing customers
- Experience in sales is preferred
- A knowledge of lumber and building materials, and the construction process is an asset
- Must be bilingual
- A safe work environment
- Incentive programs
- Employee discount
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
Apply today for this Career Opportunity!
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.