Director of Human Resources
On behalf of Caron Transportation Systems, Drake International is looking for a Director of Human Resources for Canada and the United States. Leading a human resources team, payroll professionals and the Marketing and Communications Specialist, you will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of best practice HR programs, systems, policies, and processes.
The Director of Human Resources is an HR professional who champions the initiatives that supports Caron's organizational strategic goals. You will have a strong sense of self, sound judgement, you will lead performance management, talent assessment and effective labor relationships. Discretion, flexibility, and integrity are your strengths.
Comfortable with making informed business decisions utilizing technology to enhance and measure results, the Director of Human Resources must be capable of working within a broad and generally defined guidelines provided by the VP of Human Resources and the President and CEO with the necessary authority to provide the direction required to service Caron Transportation Systems' best interests.
As a hands-on manager, you are a team player capable of working effectively at both a Senior Leadership level and on the shop floor to get the job done. You are passionate about human resources and willing to learn from your team along with mentoring and developing them to achieve their personal career growth.
- Analyze, strategize, and establish culture development initiatives to foster employee engagement and retention.
- Create a positive work culture for all Caron employees with a key focus on strategizing and developing professional driver initiatives beyond what already exists.
- Provide expertise and strategic human resources leadership to enable company growth through the expansion of existing operations, merger/acquisition value extraction and new operation start-ups.
- Oversee the development, maintenance and effective deployment/communication of all human resource policies, procedures and, directives to facilitate employee engagement and development, and to protect the company from litigious actions and/or complaints.
- Lead the maintenance of a classification system, pay structure and total compensation strategy.
- Lead and continuously improve recruitment, screening, selection, and on-boarding processes.
- Lead the development and implementation of a company-wide employee training and leadership development strategy to facilitate employee development program, performance management system, workforce management, on-boarding program, employee handbook, human resource reporting and workforce analytics.
- Maintenance and regular review of the human resource information system (HRIS), support the training and development program, performance management system, workforce management, on-boarding program, employee handbook, human resource reporting and workforce analytics.
- Provide guidance in strategic and operational planning, organizational performance management.
- Lead the development, implementation and continuous improvement of human resource programs and services.
- In collaboration with the VP of Human Resources, develop and maintain the Caron Workforce Development and Succession Plan.
- Lead the development of the human resource function, including the capacity of building human resource staff, as well as oversee the organizational integration and adoption of sound human resources practices and procedures at all organization levels.
- Lead the development of the marketing and communication function, including the development and execution of marketing campaigns, programs, social media campaigns and events.
- Associates or Bachelors' degree in a related field.
- 10+ years of directly related experience.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) is preferred; SHRM designation is recognized.
- Talent Acquisition and Management.
- Developing and executing HR strategies.
- An innovative problem solver and strategic thinker for continual improvement.
- Strong employee relations background.
- Compensation and benefits administration.
- Strong knowledge of existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements.
- Legal compliance and risk mitigation.
- Organizational development, critical and, analytical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build business partnerships and align human resources initiatives with strategic business goals.
- A driven and decisive passion for building teams.
- Data management.
- A strong grasp with social media platforms, HR software, applicant tracking systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid Drivers License.
Competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Interested candidates are asked to forward their resumes with a covering letter outline their skills and experience to Janet Ross, Regional Sales Manager, Western Canada - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are asked NOT to contact Caron direct.
Drake International would like to thank you for your submission. Should your resume meet the job requirements a member of our recruitment team will contact you.
To ensure that you get notified of the new hot jobs we post every day on our website, www.ca.drakeintl.com. Join the Drake Talent Network DRAKETALENTNETWORK.COM. It's free, simple and quick.