Medical Device Reprocessing Assistant (2071)
Competition #: 1-16402 EXT
Salary: $18.5920 to $20.0127
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Medical Device Reprocessing Unit
CLASSIFICATION: Medical Device Reprocessing Assistant (2071)
STATUS: Temporary part-time (approximately 6 months)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: October, 2021
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
This position is intended for individuals who are working towards becoming a certified Medical Device Reprocessing Technician (MDRT 2070). Under the guidance of a certified Medical Device Reprocessing Technician, individuals will learn how to process reusable supplies, instruments and equipment.
- High school diploma or GED;
- Education program that meets the requirements of the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) or enrollment in such a program;
- C ertificate from the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) as a Medical Device Reprocessing Technician as per set timeframe;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.