The team at WorkSafeNB is passionate about promoting health and safety in New Brunswick workplaces. When a workplace injury does occur, we provide caring recovery and return to work services, benefits, and compensation to injured workers and their families. We are focused on driving a safety-first culture, providing excellent service to our clients and maintaining a sustainable system that ensures New Brunswickers are protected for generations to come.
WorkSafeNB is seeking an Occupational Hygienist. Reporting to the Team Lead, Occupational Hygiene and Ergonomics, you will improve the health and safety in workplaces by identifying the environmental factors or stressors that may result in injury, illness, impairment, or affect the well-being of workers. You will achieve this by working with employers and employees in the anticipation, recognition, evaluation and control of physical, chemical and biological agents, ergonomic, and psychosocial stressors in the workplace. The successful candidate will work primarily with employers and employees in the Bathurst-Campbellton region, therefore there is a preference for the successful candidate to work from home in the Northeast region of New Brunswick. Travel to other regions of the province may be required.
Your key areas of responsibility include:
- Promoting safe and healthy workplaces across the province through workplace inspections and the enforcement of the New Brunswick Occupational Health and Safety Act and its Regulations
- Investigating complaints, work refusals and incidents/exposures
- Conducting sampling and analysis of workplace contaminants and associated worker exposures, to ensure compliance with the Occupational Health and, Safety Act and Regulations and applicable standards
You embrace the following competencies:
- Client-Focused Service
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Ensuring Accountability
- Attention to Detail
- Information Gathering and Processing
- Concern for Safety
You, as a successful candidate, possess:
- Certification as a Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH) or equivalent.
- Or possess a combination of academic qualification and professional experience meeting the eligibility requirements and be willing to become certified within five years.
- Knowledge and understanding of court proceedings and process would be considered an asset.
Written and spoken competency in English and in French is required.
WorkSafeNB offers a competitive annual salary with excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, life insurance and LTD insurance)
- Pension plan (New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan)
- Competitive vacation and leave benefits
- Enhanced opportunities for professional development
If you are interested in an exciting and rewarding career with WorkSafeNB, please apply online at www.worksafenb.ca by October 6, 2021.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information about WorkSafeNB, or this and other employment opportunities, please visit our website at worksafenb.ca.