We are looking for a weekend /casual kitchen helper to assist in operating our food service kitchen at Hospice SENB Maison Albert House located at 156 Pleasant Street, Moncton N.B. Under the supervision the Food Services Coordinator, the chosen candidate will prepare meals for up to 10 residents, who are in the end-of-life stage.
· Communicates with clinical staff to fully understand patient needs related to their food service requirements.
· Assists in weekly menu planning for lunch and supper while being mindful of each patient's respective needs.
· Assists clinical staff on the patient floor with delivery of lunch and supper if there are no volunteers available to assist.
· Assists in adjusting the volume of food needed relative to daily patient's dietary needs.
· Maintains a clean environment that contributes to effective operations in compliance with all regulatory standards.
· Oversees volunteers on duty to ensure quality of food services, food handling and safety standards.
· Ensures all food supply stocks are used prior to expiry date.
· Reliable, responsible individual who has a passion for quality, traditional home-made meals, and desserts.
· Graduate or enrolled student in a culinary program at an accredited college or with experience in the food services sector.
· Training in food handling and safety is an asset.
· A positive attitude and a "customer driven" approach to delivering quality service and meals.
· A background in healthcare or a desire to work with patients in a clinical setting.
· Strong communication skills with a warm, compassionate and caring attitude.
· Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision and maintain discretion and confidentiality.
· Organized, efficient, flexible capable of operating commercial kitchen equipment.
· A strong desire to support the work of Hospice SENB Maison Albert and become a dedicated staff team member.
· Fluency in both French and English is an asset.