Director of Hospital Activities
Competition #: 5-16384 EXT
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non-Bargaining
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: Campbellton Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Nursing Administration
CLASSIFICATION: Director of Hospital Activities
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: October, 2021
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Under the immediate authority of the Vice-President of Clinical Services, the Director of Hospital Activities assumes the duties involved in all local management of daily operations of the facility, in collaboration with the medical director and/or head of the department assigned to the facility, by engaging the key stakeholders and liaising with the Network's leadership team. This individual also represents the Network with various partners within the community.
The incumbent is also directly accountable to the Vice-President of Clinical Services and Vice-President of Medical Services for their hospital coordination activities; they also have working relationships with all vice-presidents on the leadership team.
- Undergraduate degree in health, administration or management;
- Master's degree (business administration, public administration, health services management) considered an asset;
- Professional experience relevant to the position and/or in health services management;
- Excellent knowledge of the hospital system, its administration and its legal framework;
- Ability to work based on results-oriented objectives;
- Listening and intervention skills and good interpersonal skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Versatility, adaptability and reactivity;
- Strong change management skills;
- Dynamic and innovative approach;
- Motivating leadership and ability to inspire engagement and commitment;
- Ability to make decisions under pressure and outside their field of expertise;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written);
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles and to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- Human Resources reserves the right to revise the requirements based on provincial job descriptions and standards.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.