Senior Manager, Fleet and Facilities
Senior Manager, Fleet and Facilities
Full Time Permanent
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is the subsidiary of Medavie Health Services responsible for the optimal operation and management of EM/ANB, an integrated, service-led primary health care organization. People are the biggest drivers of our success, and we are excited to continue building a healthier New Brunswick together. As the management company for Ambulance New Brunswick and the Extra-Mural Program, we're looking for a Senior Manager, Fleet and Facilities to help support our growing operation which provides exemplary, highly coordinated primary health care in the right place, from the right provider, at the right time.
Medavie Health Services is part of Medavie, a health services organization. Together with Medavie Blue Cross, we are committed to providing innovative solutions that will improve the health of all Canadians.
As a not-for-profit organization, Medavie is proud to commit an annual social dividend to the Medavie Health Foundation to support programs and initiatives aimed at addressing some of our country's most pressing physical and mental health care challenges.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Senior Manager is responsible to lead staff, systems, and special programs to meet the performance requirements of service delivery for the provincial ambulance system. Major components of this position include establishing overall service direction in the four areas of System Support: Logistics, Materials Management, Fleet and Programs/Projects, Business Continuity and assessing and improving overall provincial system performance, both tactical and strategic planning, to meet company goals and objectives.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the Fleet and Facility team in building capabilities, implementing changes to improve service levels and maintaining relationships with stakeholders. This includes site visits, regular touch points, coaching, and discipline; navigating EFAP, OHS, Health & Wellness, and managing performance, goals and expectations;
- Demonstrating effective delegation of tasks to the management team. Specifies clearly and completely expected levels of performance. Determines timelines for reporting results and provides all information relevant to task accomplishment. Allows supervisors and staff participation and empowerment in the delegation process;
- Ongoing performance management and staff development with management team and staff.
- Leading all departmental operating budgets including, but not limited to, annual budget preparation, monitoring and budget variance management;
- Overseeing, monitoring and evaluating the decisions and actions which have a direct impact on the organization procedures, cost control measures and increased efficiencies.
- Collating reports provided by management team and monitoring monthly, quarterly and annual reporting dashboards and metrics;
- Driving employee attraction, retention, and engagement strategies for Fleet & Facilities consistent with our commitment to employee engagement;
- Overseeing Policy and Procedure development and maintaining departmental compliance with company policies and procedures;
- Ensuring departmental adherence to applicable laws and regulations;
- Overseeing the development and implementation of strategic business plans;
- Assisting the Vice President with system related projects, as required;
- Coordinating and managing the Fleet & Facilities on-call duty manager schedule.
As the ideal candidate for this role, you:
- Have post-secondary education in engineering or management Have a minimum 10 years' experience in commercial fleet management
- Possess experience in related fields such as engineering, property management, business and construction;
- Have a Minimum five years in a progressively responsible leadership position as it relates to process improvement, strategic planning, data gathering, outcome evaluation, project management and leadership;
- Possesses a valid New Brunswick Motor Vehicle Class 4 driver's license in good standing
- Have a solid understanding of the ambulance industry and various business functions such as EMS operations, fleet, facility management, human resources, finance, inventory control and Continuous Quality Improvement;
- Have experience with strategic and business planning processes an asset;
- Have experience in championing excellence in customer/patient service an asset;
- Have strong leadership abilities with a strong focus on team building and staff engagement.
Bilingualism is an asset for this position.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and possess the necessary qualifications, please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the competition number in the file name along with your first and last name.
Please indicate in your application the reason you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Competition closes September 26, 2021.
No phone calls please. We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.