Manager, Corporate Communications
The team at WorkSafeNB is passionate about promoting health and safety in New Brunswick workplaces. When a workplace injury does occur, we provide caring recovery and return to work services, benefits, and compensation to injured workers and their families. We are focused on driving a safety-first culture, providing excellent service to our clients and maintaining a sustainable system that ensures New Brunswickers are protected for generations to come.
WorkSafeNB is seeking a dynamic, collaborative, and respected leader to play a significant role in our organization. As the Manager, Corporate Communications, you will report to the Executive Director, Corporate Communications, and are responsible for providing day to day leadership in the communications division. This includes providing support, guidance, and recommendations on a wide variety of communication areas, such as: internal communications, public relations, media relations, government relations, issues management and stakeholder engagement. Your role will oversee the work and performance of a team of communication professionals. This position is located in Saint John.
Your key areas of responsibility will include:
- People leadership.
- Implement internal and external communication campaigns and deliverables.
- Media relations.
You embrace the following competencies:
- Client-focused Service
- Ensuring Accountability
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Developing Others
- Emotional Intelligence / Self-awareness
- Enabling Communication
- Leading Change
- Nurturing Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Planning and Organizing
You, as a successful candidate, possess:
- A University degree in journalism, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related discipline OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five years' work experience in communications.
- Three to five years of Leadership experience
- Five plus years of experience working in a corporate, agency or government environment at with previous responsibilities including media relations, crisis and issues management, and social and digital content development
- Demonstrated ability to identify and contribute to the development of new initiatives, ideas, and approaches to improve our team's processes and systems.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French are required.
WorkSafeNB offers a competitive annual salary with excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, life insurance and LTD insurance)
- Pension plan (New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan)
- Competitive vacation and leave benefits
- Enhanced opportunities for professional development
If you are interested in an exciting and rewarding leadership opportunity with WorkSafeNB, please apply online at www.worksafenb.ca by October 1, 2021.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information about WorkSafeNB, or this and other employment opportunities, please visit our website at worksafenb.ca.