Opportunities for Data Analysts
J.D. Irving, Limited - IT Division in Fredericton, NB
Opportunities for Data Analysts!
Location: Fredericton, NB
As a collaborative member of the Data Analytics team, the Data Analyst will work closely with business leaders to develop new analysis and reporting capabilities that drive real solutions. Employing their skills to connect to a variety of data sources, the successful candidate will prepare and cleanse data for the creation of reports and dashboards to make sense of information in new and efficient ways. Excellent communication skills, solutions focus and technical expertise will be key factors for success.
We?believe in the power of diverse teams and?invest in continuous professional growth. We are seeking naturally curious change makers looking to join a collaborative and motivated team. Come help JDI IT Raise the Bar!
JDI IT?: Who we are and what we offer
At our foundational core, we believe that what people experience matters more than technology.
With over 300 employees centralized in Saint John, Fredericton, Dieppe and Halifax, we offer?the opportunity to create real value by helping people and businesses work smarter. JDI IT supports?the entire?J.D. Irving Limited group of companies?which means we?offer opportunities and experiences across a wide breadth of IT areas, businesses and industries. As a member of the JDI IT team, you will be a key player in enabling the business to win by overcoming obstacles and "getting it done"!
- Provide technical expertise and a focused data lens to business users to support their goals
- Explore and investigate data to develop reports and dashboards that provide insights to make critical business decisions
- Working with teams and stakeholders to troubleshoot and resolve data quality and integrity issues
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities driving operational efficiencies and actively seeking new ways to do things better
- Participate in an on-call rotation to support analytics platforms
- Continual learning and ensuring adherence to best practices
- Post-secondary education in Business, Finance or Computer Science
- Fluency in data blending and cleansing techniques
- Proficiency in Data Visualization and dashboard creation
- Familiarity with common database systems and structures
- UI/UX Design focused
- Knowledge or experience in 1 or more of the following; Alteryx, Cognos, Tableau, Azure Analytics stack, SQL, R, Python
- Customer-focused, results driven team player
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism, accuracy and detail
- Skilled communicator with the ability to engage stakeholders at various organizational levels
- Demonstration of curiosity, problem solving, judgment and decision-making ability
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.