The Accountant/Bookkeeper is accountable to plan, organize, lead and control all resources of the Law Society of New Brunswick (LSNB) and provide all of the associated administrative and accounting services. This permanent full-time position is located in Fredericton.
- Plan all of the necessary financial accounting processes and procedures for LSNB operations and individual divisions.
- Provide financial oversight and accountability.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and work in cooperation with LSNB auditor in preparation of annual financial reports.
- Perform all financial accounting tasks.
- Manage payroll to ensure employees are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- Manage employee files and records in order to ensure accurate payment of benefits and allowances.
- Assist the Executive Director in the development of the operational budget reflecting summation of divisional budgets.
- Administer and monitor the LSNB financial system to ensure finances are maintained in an accurate manner.
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Business Administration: Accounting diploma program and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum four years progressive work to senior level experience in financial management and office administration.
Knowledge and Skills
- Accounting concepts, principles and techniques.
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Preparation of financial statements and reports.
- Employee and payroll systems and reporting.
- Office administration.
- Highly developed communication skills, both verbal and written, in English and French.
- Computerized accounting software skills (ACCPAC).
- Analyzing and interpreting financial data.
Click on the following link to view the job description for this position: Accountant/Bookkeeper
REMUNERATION: $55,015 - $60,192 per annum, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please forward your application in writing with curriculum vitae, in confidence, no later than September 17, 2021, to Marc L. Richard, Law Society of New Brunswick, 68 Avonlea Court, Fredericton, NB E3C 1N8, Facsimile: (506) 451-1421, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.