Nursing Unit Clerk (1027)
Competition #: 6-15855 EXT
Salary: $21.5833 to $23.2324
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Chaleur Regional Hospital
CLASSIFICATION: Nursing Unit Clerk (1027)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday evening (possibility of 12-hour shifts rotation)
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The incumbent will be managing the communication network and providing administrative and clerical support to the Nursing Unit.
- Successful completion of a Health Unit Coordinator (Ward Clerk) Program (with high school diploma/GED) or secretarial course of at least one year (with high school diploma/GED) or commercial high school diploma;
- Must have at least 1 year of relevant experience;
- Must have successfully completed the medical terminology course as per set time frame;
- Good knowledge of computer tools and office automation applications and ability to use;
- Ability to work during very busy periods and effectively manage priorities;
- Calm and flexible nature;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network;
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.