Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Temporary Part-Time
Shannex Incorporated is a leading and innovative provider of senior's accommodation, care and service in the Maritimes and Ontario. Shannex is an expanding organization that currently employs 5000 people. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer outstanding living choices, improved services and exceptional careers.
The future is bright at Shannex. Currently operating five retirement living campuses in New Brunswick, we are continuing to grow with the addition of two new campuses in New Brunswick. To support this growth, we are recruiting individuals who will deliver service and care that reflect our organizational values of Clients First, Improving Quality, Trusted Partnerships, Great People and Being Accountable.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity:
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Temporary Part-Time (0.8 FTE)
Ending March 2022
Saint John, NB
What we offer:
- Rewarding work environment in that we see a measurable difference in contributing to the quality of life for our residents and their families;
- Market Competitive Compensation Plan;
- Flexible scheduling;
- Free parking onsite;
- Walking distance to popular coffee and lunch locations;
- Employee Recognition Program;
- Ongoing Education & Career Development opportunities that encourage our LPN's to upgrade their skills, attend conferences/LPN AGM;
- Supportive Leadership Team that promotes a respectful workplace; encourages team work and values and recognizes our workforce for their accomplishments and contributions.
- Team Driven, Collaborative Nursing Environment;
- Opportunities for career growth advancement and experience -
- Our LPN role is very much a leadership role. Our LPN's have the opportunity to lead the care team and would act as a resource to our PSW's/Client Services Assistants which enables them to utilize their full scope of practice and leadership skills.
- Our LPN's along with the RN are the supervisors on the floor, which brings great opportunities for autonomy and accountability.
- Our LPN's have the accountability for medication administration with the support of our RN's. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience.
What you will do:
The Licensed Practical Nurse is part of a professional interdisciplinary team within the Shannex Division. The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) assists the manager with training and management of nursing personnel on the unit, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care for all residents.
How you will do it:
- Assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, documenting and directing resident needs through consultation with medical professionals, care conferences and internal staff;
- Providing leadership to health services staff and overseeing provision of quality health services respecting the resident's right to individualized planning of health services;
- Working with the existing management and health services teams to promote communication and compliance to policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
- Assists with the development, implementation and evaluation of resident care plans.
- Administers and records prescribed medication as per company policy and scope of practice.
- Maintains the standards of accurate and complete documentation and reporting.
- Applies dressings and treatments according to physician's orders and policy
- Assists with supervision and evaluation of job performance and behavior of other health care staff.
- Current registration with the provincial Licensed Practical Nurse regulatory body;
- Current First Aid and CPR certification;
- Physical Assessment, Palliative / Hospice Care experience required;
- Previous experience in working with the residents in long-term care or a senior's independent living environment required.
- Ability to work a schedule of flexible hours and shifts inclusive of days, nights, weekends and holidays;
- Team player, strong work ethic and a positive attitude that will contribute to our respective workplace culture.
- Clear Criminal Record Check;
- Clear Social Development Check
The following would be an asset:
- Strong leadership and assessment skills plus the ability to multitask in this fast-past, yet rewarding environment;
- Alzheimer's & other Dementia Care course, U-First training preferred;
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and experience with evaluating employee job performance;
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with electronic information systems;
- Ability to supervise staff including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for team members where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our colleagues are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those applicants that are selected for an interview will be contacted.