Cavendish Agri Services in Summerside, PE
Cavendish Agri is a well-established Canadian company serving growers in Atlantic Canada. We specialize in providing comprehensive growing services such as crop scouting, soil analysis, precision farming and equipment rentals. Our team of agronomists, certified crop advisors and researchers partner with local producers to optimize the use of our seed, fertilizer and crop protectants.
The Branch Manager will be responsible for executing the organization's strategy for central Prince Edward Island, specifically leading the overall day-to-day management of the operations. A proven combination of business leadership, agriculture experience and excellent communication skills will ensure success in this role. This position requires an ability meet deadlines while working in a fast paced work environment.
- Post-secondary education in business, agriculture or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- Experience in the agriculture industry is required, local experience is an asset
- 5 years of management experience is preferred
- Proven communication, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to motivate, develop and engage your team
- Ability to build good working relationships with customers, sales experience is an asset
- Experience in creating, communicating and executing a business plan
- A PAg or Certified Crop Advisor designation is an asset
- Ability to work variable hours due to seasonal nature of the business
- Accountable for the safe & efficient operation of the facility and technical services
- Direct and support the operations and sales teams
- Lead a team of 7 full time staff and 14 seasonal staff
- Identify and execute continuous improvement projects
- Develop a sales strategy and budget, and ensure targets are met
- Ensure the plant maintains quality production standards and inventory controls
- Represent the company in a professional manner
- Assist growers with their crop planning decisions
- Build strong relationships with customers
- Competitive salary and incentive program
- Benefits including health, dental and drug plan; disability and life insurance; RRSP
- Company vehicle
- Opportunities for development and growth
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Agri Services is committed to equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.