The New Brunswick Health Research Foundation (NBHRF) is dedicated to guiding excellence in health research and innovation for New Brunswick. The organization provides leadership and support to build health research capacity and improve the overall health of New Brunswickers through coordinating, supporting and promoting health research. The NBHRF is an independent organization governed by a board of directors comprised of key stakeholders from the health research community in New Brunswick.
NBHRF is seeking a new Chief Executive Officer to design and implement growth and expansion strategies related to the funding of health-based research activities within the Province of New Brunswick. The position advocates for and supports informed decision making for improved health, and contributes to the creation of a culture that embraces research as a fundamental part of a vibrant and sustainable health system. This is accomplished through multi-pronged collaborative funding efforts with key agencies, including various levels of Government, strategic partners, industry associations, community groups, and other funding organizations.
As the ideal candidate, you are a visionary who thrives at relationship building and have experience in a multi-stakeholder environment, with a background in research/ business development within the healthcare or a related sector. You have an excellent reputation of leading and building high-performing teams as well as a superior ability to build and cultivate strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, impressing clients with leadership, creativity and vision. Further, you have the skills to be a key influence in legislation/regulations discussions affecting the organization's mandate.
The successful candidate fosters a culture of highly motivated professionals, in an environment that inspires personal and professional excellence. This leader motivates the organization in attracting and retaining health research to the province, with a dedicated effort on increasing the overall quality and quantity of health research, building on the organization's current momentum and driving future economic growth.
With a reputation of being engaging, inspirational and a poised problem solver with a flexible approach, you are well regarded within your network and stakeholder groups. You are also someone who is politically savvy, with connections within healthcare, government, the pharmaceutical Industry.
We would like to hear from you if you possess the following experience and qualifications:
- Substantive experience as a leader in an area related to research development,
- A Masters degree In Business or a Health-related discipline;
- Experience collaborating with government and key stakeholders (universities, funders, etc.);
- Significant experience developing strategic programs and the associated metrics for program success;
- Experience in strategic and project planning;
- Significant and recently demonstrated experience overseeing administrative, financial, and human resource functions;
- Experience in designing and delivering strong impact presentations to various audiences;
- Ability to set a clear vision for goals and expectations while encouraging an internal culture of excellence, innovation, and stakeholder focused;
- Ability to communicate in both official languages is a valuable asset, but not required
- Stellar interpersonal and communications skills with experience serving as a spokesperson for their organization and ability to inform, persuade, and inspire target audiences;
- Demonstrated sophistication and political savvy in working with a diverse set of interests;
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically regarding future business trends and their long-term effects on the local economy.