Opportunities for Tugboat Captain
Harbour Development in Saint John, NB
Harbour Development is a large Eastern Canadian Marine Construction and Dredging company. With offices in Saint John, N.B. and Dartmouth, N.S., Harbour Development specializes with delivering professional services in all aspects of marine dredging and marine construction services to various private and public marine stakeholders throughout Atlantic Canada, Quebec, Ontario and Western Canada.
Does a career that allows you to travel Atlantic Canada interest you? Are you looking for a progressive opportunity that challenges you? Are you a professional, team player who is safety orientated?
If so, we might have the position for you!
Harbour Development is looking for a 150 to 500 ton Tug Captain who is seeking a challenging, long-term career opportunity with a progressive Marine Construction Company, specializing in dredging.
- Implementing the safety and environmental policy of the Company, motivating the crew in the execution of that policy, issuing orders in a clear and concise manner and reviewing safety and pollution prevention activities.
- Safe and efficient operation of the vessel and support equipment.
- Reporting defects to the Company and other matters with implications for safe operations or pollution risk and which require the assistance of the Company.
- Appraising and coordinating on-board training requirements with the Company.
- Ensuring that all safety information is kept in date and available to all members of the crew at all times.
- Review of on-board contingency plans and ship procedures and reporting any deficiencies to the D.P.A.
- Reporting non-conformities, accidents involving personnel or plant and hazardous situations to the Company.
- Requesting assistance from the Company as may be deemed necessary to ensure safe and pollution free operation of the ship.
- Provide employee scheduling information to the crew.
- 150 to 500 ton STCW Certificate
- Must hold all necessary Transport Canada Certificates
- Preference given to candidates with barge handling/towing experience and familiar with the Bay of Fundy tides
- 3 years' experience
- Professional, team player who is safety oriented
- Organized and enjoys working in a challenging environment
- Available to travel throughout Atlantic Canada for extended periods of time, when required.
- Must be a Canadian citizen, preference will be given to those who reside in Atlantic Canada.
- Candidates will be subject to a drug/alcohol testing, as well as a criminal background check
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Harbour Development Incorporated is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.