Title: Health Coach, Live Well | Bien Vivre
Reports to: Live Well | Bien Vivre Senior Manager
Location: New Brunswick: Bathurst & Moncton
Position: Two (2) Permanent
Hours: 70 hours bi-weekly
If yes, apply for this Live Well | Bien Vivre Health Coach position with the Heart and Stroke Foundation of New Brunswick and help our mission to Promote Health, Save Lives and Enhance Recovery.
Are you seeking meaningful work in a fast-paced environment? Do you have a passion for health and wellness? Do others come to you for guidance and support? Are you looking for a career that directly impacts your community region?
The Heart & Stroke Foundation of New Brunswick is seeking a Health Coach to work with our Live Well | Bien Vivre (LW|BV) program in the Moncton region of the province. The Live Well | Bien Vivre Program (LW|BV) is an exciting partnership between the Heart and Stroke Foundation of New Brunswick and the Government of New Brunswick. This unique program uses a client-centered approach to help prevent and manage chronic disease and conditions. As a health coach, you will have the opportunity to work with clients to support their wellness with a focus on active living, healthy eating, mental fitness, and tobacco-free living.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Live Well | Bien Vivre, a health coach works as a non-clinical professional, using a combination of health promotion techniques, individualized guidance, and community resources to enhance a client's quality of life. A health coach motivates and supports individual's health and wellness, while building confidence and promoting healthy behavior change.
Health Coach role includes:
- Providing personalized health coaching to Live Well | Bien Vivre clients to help identify and achieve their health and wellness goals.
- Uses behavior change strategies and progress review to support clients in:
- setting actionable goals and designing a personal health plan;
- developing skills to encourage healthy lifestyle change; and
- navigating local resources and community services.
- Building relationships and expanding networks with stakeholders, partners, and organizations to enhance community connections and increase program participation.
- Maintaining confidential client and stakeholder data for reporting on outcomes as required, including expenses.
- Promoting and maintaining the vision, mission, and policies of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of New Brunswick and the people it serves and supports.
- Post-secondary education in health or wellness, kinesiology, social sciences, adult education, community development, and/or 3 + years experience in a related field.
- Experience in working with health-related or non-profit groups.
- Experience in working with individuals, working within teams, and engaging groups.
- Fluent in spoken & written French is required, and fluency in English is an asset.
- Practical knowledge of MS Office Suite, email, Facebook, Google Suite, etc.
- Valid license and the ability to travel within region or as required.