Bilingual Administrative Assistant
Annual salary: between $35,100 and $40,950 depending on education and experience
Benefits: health and dental insurance, retirement plan, among others
Workplace - unless otherwise specified: 277, Main Street, Suite 202, Fredericton, NB
The FNBFA wishes to hire a full-time bilingual administrative assistant (French and English, spoken and written) for an 18-month period, beginning immediately. This contract is subject to renewal, pending budgetary approval by the Board at the Annual General Meeting in April or May of 2023.
The Federation of New Brunswick Faculty Associations Inc. (FNBFA) is a non-profit organization that represents the interests of professors, contract academic staff, professional librarians and researchers at New Brunswick's four public universities. It advocates the advancement of the standards of their profession and seeks to improve the quality of higher education in the province.
Qualities and education:
- A post-secondary degree in a field related to the position or a combination of education and relevant experience;
- At least two years of relevant experience in the position;
- Initiative, attention to detail, discretion, ability to exercise judgment;
- Experience in a work environment with Microsoft 365 and the Internet;
- Ability to communicate with people effectively;
- Ability to work independently, sometimes alone, or in a team.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures as well as experience in computerized bookkeeping;
- The ability to update a website using Word Press software;
- Have experience in a unionized workplace;
- Have knowledge of the post-secondary environment.
Flexible work hours as well as teleworking from home in New Brunswick are negotiable. For a full description of duties and responsibilities please see: https://tinyurl.com/wkpksyj3
A cover letter must accompany the curriculum vitae.
The deadline for receiving applications is Friday, September 23, 2021, or until the position is filled.
The FNBFA is committed to employment equity for women, Aboriginal persons, members of visible minorities groups and persons with disabilities. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Only the selected candidates for an interview will be contacted.