General Labour - Heavy lifting
We are currently seeking General Labourers to fill a number of positions for our client in South-East Winnipeg. Successful candidates will enjoy physical work and have the stamina to lift heavy items throughout the day.
- Able to perform physical labour jobs, including bending, standing/walking for long periods, performing repetitive tasks, and lifting materials up to 50 lbs for up to eight hours at a time.
- Available full time Monday - Friday from 7:15 am - until work is done (3:30pm the latest)
- Possesses or is willing to buy own personal protective equipment, including steel toed boots and a high visibility safety vest.
- Warehouse, general labour or construction experience is preferred.
- A valid driver's license with a reliable vehicle is an asset.
- Able to commit to safety rules and protocols and work safely and responsibly at all times. Understanding and application of safe lifting techniques.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to follow verbal or written directions and a team player attitude.
- Able to work in a refrigerated warehouse.
- Lifting and stacking heavy boxes of frozen beef, pork and chicken products.
- Working in a fast paced environment.
We thank all who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.