Carrier Partnership Specialist
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a full-time opportunity for a Carrier Partnership Specialist on our Supply Chain team.
What you will do in this fast-paced role:
- Establish carrier KPI, design KPI compliance programs, and meet regularly to ensure that overall performance KPIs are met.
- Work with the Analytics team to develop dashboards/scorecards to monitor carrier performance
- Ensure carriers utilize tracking software to improve visibility and on time delivery.
- Monitor current market rates and ensure negotiated rates remain competitive
- Negotiation of transport rates for new and existing transportation lanes.
- Assist in negotiation of transport carrier contracts
- Lead the carrier solicitation and vetting process to expand the 3PL asset-based carrier pool
- Participate in inbound and outbound RFP projects related to carrier management activities
- Identify cost saving opportunities to leverage Sobeys owned fleet and reduce reliance on 3PL for managed inbound freight
- Assist in determining the optimal size and frequency of inbound and outbound shipments.
- Identify new business opportunities related to carrier managed freight.
- Communicate with RSCs and inbound/outbound planning to ensure seamless execution of Sobeys' transportation strategy
- Prepare recommendations and information for the annual budgeting process
- Assist with TMS related data validation
- Assist the Data Integrity Department when onboarding new carriers
- Monitor and review accident/incident reports submitted by Drivers and follow-up accordingly
What your resume and experience will demonstrate to us:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business or Logistics Management or Operations
- Project management experience
- Communication skills (verbal, written, facilitation) including an ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Time management skills including an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines under pressure
- Data management skills including needs analysis, information gathering, research, analysis, and reporting skills; preparing and maintaining detailed reports & plans
- Strong interpersonal skills including negotiating, client relations, problem solving and trouble-shooting
- 5+ years experience in transportation and logistics industry
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.) required
- Previous experience working with an asset-based Carrier provider and/or 3PL
- Previous TMS experience, Microsoft Office, and transport routing software
- Strong knowledge of EDI/API technology is considered and asset
Project Management Certificate
CITT and/or P. Log designation
Bilingual (English and French)
If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. We are only accepting online applications and welcome applications from all qualified people interested in this challenge.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.