Merit Contractors Association of NL is an association of open shop contractors working in Newfoundland & Labrador. Merit NL offers comprehensive Benefit Plans priced and structured to accommodate the unique needs of the industry.
This new sales position has been created to focus on membership growth and brand awareness. The Sales Representative will maintain strong relationships with existing member firms while developing new membership potential.
Are you driven with a passion for sales? We want to hear from you!
- Develop and maintain profitable sales by identifying member needs, promoting sales, and providing a high level of customer service to new and existing membership.
- Conduct prospecting, business development and follow-up to secure profitable new business opportunities.
- Maintain sales targets.
- Promote benefit plan and services as points of differentiation.
- Build strong relationships and partnerships with internal and external membership to develop loyalty and leverage sales effectiveness.
- Provide members with detailed product and pricing information.
- Account management activities such as: cold-calling, maintenance of customer relationship management tools and resources including, but not limited to, new business development pipeline and weekly call sheets, order taking, quote follow-up, management of inbound/outbound calls, upselling etc.
- Generate leads through networking, industry research and cold calling.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of benefit plans and services.
- Maintain client satisfaction ratings by offering proactive resolution ideas while driving actionable responses to questions, concerns, or challenges.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Previous sales experience at an intermediate to senior level.
- Previous experience in insurance sales would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the construction industry would be an asset.
- Excellent Communication skills required, both written and oral.
- Experience using Microsoft Suite - email, word, excel etc.
- Ability to work and act independently using good judgement when assessing difficult situations.
- Self-motivated, target driven and believes in delivering on quality to our customers.
- Strong negotiation and relationship building abilities.
- Highly disciplined, with excellent time management & organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge on how to use smartphones and tablets.
- Driver's License, and access to personal vehicle or reliable transportation.
This is a part-time role working a minimum of 25 hours per week
Contact Sam Carberry at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.