Position: Truck Shop Foreman (Nights, 4:00PM - 1:30AM Monday - Thursday)
Location: Moncton, NB
Reports to: Truck Shop Manager
How to Apply: Submit an application to Janice Belliveau at [email protected]
Armour Transportation Systems is an award-winning, world-class transportation and logistics company. We are a Platinum member of Canada's Best Managed Companies and a Top Fleet Employer.
We are currently hiring a Truck Shop Foreman to supervise daily vehicle repair and maintenance operation activities to ensure proper repair, safety, and performance of vehicles.
Founded in the early 1930s, Armour Transportation Systems has grown to be one of the largest trucking carriers in Canada, with 26 terminals, 4,000 pieces of equipment, nine maintenance facilities, over 750,000 square feet of warehouse space, and more than 2,000 team members.
Our vision is to be the dominant gateway between Atlantic Canada and the world, realizing profitable growth through leading transportation and logistics solutions, global partnerships, exceptional employees, and strategic acquisitions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance and direction to staff members assigned to Fleet Maintenance.
- Prioritize work order and assign appropriate shop staff.
- Ensure high quality of conduct and workmanship from Technicians and Apprentices.
- Maintain vehicle records and repair data in the fleet management software program.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to make analytical decisions.
- Ability to lead a group or groups of people and communicate effectively with these groups.
- Ability to analyze situations, identify problems or conflicts, and negotiate win-win scenarios.
- Fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- A high volume of customer, terminal, and agent communication via email and phone.
Education and Requirements:
- 5+ years of industry-related experience
- CITT industry certification considered an asset
- Completion of college/vocational school or technical training
- Class A Mechanic's License preferred
- Red Seal Certification preferred
- Level 3 apprentice or higher
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Experience and understanding of the TruckMate System and RTA is considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, with the ability to prepare reports in Word and Excel.
- Strong typing and computer skills.
Armour Transportation Systems is committed to the principles of employment equity. The purpose of employment equity is to ensure that no person is denied employment opportunities or benefits for reasons unrelated to ability.
Armour Transportation Systems welcomes applications from Indigenous peoples, African Canadians and other racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, and women in occupations or positions where they are underrepresented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your expression of interest for this position.