Human Services Counselor (3013)
Competition #: 4-15608 EXT
Salary: $21.5833 to $23.2324
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY : Community Mental Health Centre - Edmundston
DEPARTMENT : Community Mental Health Centre - Child/Adolescent
CLASSIFICATION : Human Services Counselor (3013)
STATUS : Temprary full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : July, 2021
HOURS OF WORK :
8-hour day shift
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
As a member of an interdisciplinary team, the Community Integration Counsellor provides support, coaching and/or skills training to clients referred by the clinician in order to facilitate their recovery. They work in collaboration with the clinician, the client, significant others and other services involved. The work is generally done in the client's living environment and may include his or her community network. Work with clients is done on an individual or group basis.
- High school diploma plus an additional program in community integration;
- Relevant experience in intervention with children/adolescents and their families, including skills training;
- Ability to obtain training in non-violent crisis intervention and suicide risk intervention (ASIST) in a timely manner;
- Good knowledge of computer tools and ability to apply them;
- Valid driver's license and available to use own vehicle in the performance of duties;
- Available to travel within the territory of the zone;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.