Opportunities for Cyber Security Analysts
J.D. Irving, Limited - IT Division in Multiple Locations
Saint John, NB | Dieppe, NB | Fredericton, NB | Halifax, NS
Opportunities for Cyber Security Professionals!
J.D. Irving, Limited is a diverse family owned company with operations in Canada and the United States. Since 1882 our focus has been on providing quality products and superior service to customers around the world. Our head offices are in Saint John and Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada. J.D. Irving, Limited is made up of a diverse group of companies with business units in:
- Construction & Equipment
- Consumer Products
- Forestry and Forestry Products
- Retail and Distributions
- Shipbuilding and Industrial Fabrication
- Transportation and Logistics
Our growth is driven by a set of consistent fundamental values through the years:?
- Uncompromising quality in making products and committed service to our valued customers
- An unwavering focus on continuous improvement and innovation in our diverse businesses
- A responsibility to make a positive difference?in our communities, where?we?are proud to live and work, as well as to the health of the land, air and water that sustains our world
JDI IT?: Who we are and what we offer
The belief that what people experience matters more than technology is part of our foundational core. We also believe that our ability as a team grows exponentially when we share success. These centering values - some of our non negotiables - guide our decisions and inform how we show up daily. Join a team that aims to simply the path forward and inspire commitment.
With over 300 employees centralized in Saint John, Fredericton, Dieppe and Halifax, we offer?the opportunity to create real value by helping people and businesses work smarter. JDI IT supports?the entire J.D. Irving Limited group of companies which means we offer opportunities and experiences across a wide breadth of IT areas, businesses and industries. As a member of the JDI IT team, you will be a key player in enabling the business to win by overcoming obstacles and "getting it done"!
We believe in the power of diverse teams and invest in continuous professional growth. We are seeking naturally curious change makers looking to join a collaborative and motivated team. Come help JDI IT Raise the Bar!
We are looking for Cyber Security Professionals to join our IT Security Team in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. This role is dynamic; we move quickly and so do the targets. Utilizing deep understanding of security technologies, best practices and industry standards will drive your success. This critical position will ensure the confidentiality, availability and integrity of JDI's IT environment. You will be empowered to jump right in, take ownership, and apply critical thinking that pushes the status quo. As a senior contributor your influence will be felt within the team as a mentor and coach, and also across the business with leaders of all levels. Practiced and professional communication will be a key to success as you listen, negotiate and problem-solve your way to better solutions. If you are self-driven, motivated by a fast-moving environment and consider yourself a process master, this is an opportunity for you.
- Analyze, develop code, test and implement changes of a broad scope, high complexity and long duration
- Investigate and resolve complex and unusual problems
- Own and maintain the risk assessment process for new software or services proposed for the organization
- Provide work direction, technical support, education and training for Production Control, Application Programming, Computer Operations and user groups in areas related to production control and data set management for high complexity activities
- Liaise with subject matter experts, development teams, implementation support and production support staff to refine technical specifications, system scope and objectives
- Participate in "on-call" support
- Actively coach team members in a collaborative environment that emphasizes continuous learning
- Engage and interact with senior management and executives regularly for input, feedback and reporting
- University Degree, College Diploma or Relevant Experience Required
- CISSP or similar certification Required
- 5 years' experience in complex IT environments
- 10 years' experience in performing penetration testing and security incident management
- Demonstrated understanding of implementing risk management practices
- Utilization of penetration testing tools and techniques or Red Team exercises
- Design and implementation of vulnerability management programs
- Implementation and management of security incident and event management programs
- Design and implementation of security analytics
- Knowledge of Process Control Systems concepts and technology
- Able to obtain Canadian Government Security Clearance
At J.D. Irving, Limited we offer a competitive compensation package, including Group Insurance, Health & Dental, and RRSP program. Some of our locations offer an employee fitness facility, café and parking garage.
If you are interested in applying for a current or future IT career opportunity with JDI, please click the "Apply Now" button and complete the online application form. A resume of past experience is required; a cover letter is not.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.