Director of Information Technology
About the position
The Director of Information Technology helps define, execute, and monitor the IT strategic plan, and leverages solutions to drive business results. They are adept at translating business needs into technical requirements and solving complex business problems with sound technical solutions. Reporting to the Vice President of Information Technology, the Director leads teams who develop, implement, support, and maintain ANBL and CNB's information systems and processes for the head office and retail centres around the province.
- Owning vendor management, service development, service management processes and practices, operational customer service relationships, and corresponding budgetary costs for the organization
- Defining support levels and managing delivery of support and enhancement services for core business applications
- Maintaining effective interaction between IT and business teams, ensuring security management, incident management, request fulfillment and issues, and risks are handled in an efficient and timely manner
- Ensuring sufficient resourcing is in place to achieve SLAs and service management strategy, including network communications, applications and tools support, and future enhancements
- Participating as an active member of the Senior Management Team and bringing an IT lens to help develop, guide, and execute on corporate-wide strategy
Additional responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with IT leadership to assess business priorities and plan for changes to application and services development and sustainment
- Assigning projects, identifying priorities, establishing timelines and deliverables, setting goals, and anticipating and resolving problems
- Evaluating technologies and guiding product roadmaps
- Assessing, mitigating, and communicating risks associated with IT investments
- Managing annual operational planning, inclusive of department budget and monthly operational cadence, and ensuring compliance with industry regulations
You have the reputation for "getting things done", with a focus on improving IT quality, accuracy, and efficiency. You bring a breadth of experience across all IT functions, including operations, security, infrastructure, architecture, ERP-implementation, databases, and support, and understand best practices in risk management, auditing, and managed services. You are comfortable speaking up and advocating for your teams while seeing the big picture and executing on corporate strategy.
Your team leadership
As a senior member of the IT department, you are a role model as you manage, motivate, and develop your teams to achieve their goals and drive results. You will promote their contributions as technical professionals and highlight their value across the organization, as you develop the vision, set priorities, and establish accountability.
Your business leadership
You are a significant contributor to the Senior Management Team, providing technology insight and opportunities in day-to-day tactical discussions while raising and engaging in strategic discussions for organizational improvements. Keeping current with emerging technologies, you will help develop roadmaps and leverage tools to make business recommendations, and ensure that your teams are consulted to provide expertise and generate solutions. You will advocate and communicate the value of IT to all levels of the organization, and help the company realize the full potential of its investments. During projects, you are a liaison between the technical teams and the business to provide a high-level view and regular updates.
Your technical leadership
You are regularly working with IT leadership and business analysts to understand needs and high-level designs and turn them into solutions that enable operations and decision-making. You will help develop and execute the architectural vision for all IT systems, from small upgrades through major IT architecture projects. Using your project management background, you will provide technical direction as it relates to the selection, acquisition, development, installation, and maintenance of information systems and capital infrastructure. Furthermore, you will help develop strategies to integrate new and existing technologies into the environment to enhance colleagues' and customers' experience.
Technical stack (including but not limited to)
- Microsoft technologies, including SharePoint, Office 365, Dynamics 365, Dynamics GP, Power BI Reporting, Azure, SQL, SQL Server, SSRS, and SSIS
- Business application systems, including Warehouse Management software, POS, Data warehousing, EDI
- NIST framework & PCI Compliance. Expertise in Cloud & cybersecurity, security architecture, identify & access management, high availability & disaster recovery architecture.
- Communication technologies including VOIP & video conferencing, knowledgeable about wireless networking, WAN/LAN architectures, layer 2 switching, routing protocols, familiar with Cisco and Palo Alto Network products, TCP/UDP/IPv4/IPv6
- Experience implementing CI / CD pipelines, along with SCRUM/AGILE methodologies
- Prior experience in the retail or CPG industry
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma, ITIL, and Agile
- Relevant industry certifications (e.g., PMP)
Work With Us
- Reporting into the ANBL Retail Operations Centre in Fredericton, New Brunswick
What else do you need to know?
- The successful candidate must be based in New Brunswick
- Semi-regular travel to Fredericton for meetings and critical incidents will be required
- Only candidates with legal authorization to work in Canada will be considered
What's in it for you?
Being part of the ANBL team means being part of an organization that values its employees. In addition to offering a market competitive salary, we ensure that our employees can enjoy Work-Life Balance, Professional & Personal Growth, and Service Opportunities.
Work-Life Balance: ANBL offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and a generous pension plan. Employees also have access to a Health Spending Account or Wellness Subsidy, and opportunities to utilize flexible work arrangements.
Professional & Personal Growth: ANBL offers many types of internal and external activities to support development needs, including a robust internal Accelerated Leadership Development Program, and continuous learning and training opportunities.
Service: ANBL values contribution to our province, offering a paid volunteer day each year, and many opportunities to contribute to our communities throughout the year.
How do I join the ANBL Team?
Share your resume and a cover letter with us through our online application system by August 8, 2021.
Only those under consideration will be contacted. We thank all those who apply! For more information about ANBL, please visit?www.anbl.com.