Marketing and Media Officer
Marketing and Media Officer
Executive Council Office
Who we are
ECO - Corporate Communications is the professional body for all government communications in New Brunswick. Our aim is to deliver strategic communications and marketing that supports government priorities and informs New Brunswick residents. Corporate Communications works closely with key partners and stakeholders to ensure communications efforts across government are aligned with government priorities, effectively managed, and responsive to the diverse information needs of the public. The division serves more than 30 client departments and agencies in both official languages.
What you will do
Reporting to the Director of Media Planning, the Marketing and Media Officer will:
- Project manage the intake of requests and logistics of advertising media buys;
- Administer and purchase media for advertising campaigns;
- Build and maintain relationships with media representatives;
- Oversee marketing initiatives as appropriate;
- Support and collaborate with strategic marketing team;
- Initiate strategy and research required for marketing campaigns;
- Coordinate various other elements of marketing initiatives (translation of marketing materials, distribution of printing and other projects); and
- Work closely with Corporate Services and client departments in the coordination and administration of billing and invoicing for advertising and marketing projects.
- Office location: 675 King Street, Fredericton
- Office layout: cubicles
- Your Team: Corporate Communications, Marketing
- Mostly in-office work with ability to work flex hours
- Standard hours of work: Monday - Friday, 8:15-4:30
- We promote a scent-reduced environment
Who you are
You possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to problem-solve creatively and to think on your feet. The ability to work independently, to be part of a professional team, and to manage multiple priorities. You have experience and good knowledge of marketing and media buying. The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines. You have strong organizational skills and experience in project management software.
Your attitude, skills and interests are just as important as your area of study. We are looking for diverse backgrounds that bring a combination of the following:
Need to have
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Client Service Orientation
- Creative Thinking / Innovation
- Written Communication
- Planning and Organization Skills
- Ability to use office technology, software and applications, including project management tools/software
- A university degree and a minimum of four (4) years of related experience - at least one of which must be directly related to marketing and media buying or a two-year college diploma with a minimum of six (6) years of related experience - at least two of which must be directly related to marketing and project management
- Written and spoken competence in English is required. Please state your language capability.
Nice to Have (their asset qualifications)
- Experience with client service in a marketing capacity
- Knowledge of government organization and finance
- Experience in creative design
Pay Band 4 - $50,128 to $70,070 per annum
What can GNB offer you?
- Comprehensive benefits package and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan.
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development and training.
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services
- One paid Volunteer Day per year to give back to your community
- 1.25 days/month of paid vacation
Providing a safe workplace for all
Your health and safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health and safety.
How to apply
We encourage applicants to apply online at www.ere.gnb.ca, by July 30, 2021 indicating competition number 21-ECO-09. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Human Resources Services
Phone: (506) 457-3592
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who are among the most qualified, will be given preference at the time of selection.
Let's connect. You belong here.