Boys & Girls Clubs / Big Brothers Big Sisters
Boys & Girls Clubs / Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miramichi is an organization that believes in the promise of all children. Our team works with community volunteers, partners and other supporters to create safe environments for children to be between school and home and to provide caring mentoring relationships for children and youth. Now, more than ever, the kids in our community need us and we are looking for great staff to join our team.
The Office Manager is a great opportunity to take on a role with a wide variety of responsibilities providing support to our team. This role keeps our office running smoothly by ensuring we have the tools we need to do our jobs. There is a great deal of interaction with our customers and clients so great customer skills are an important part of this role.
This could be a great opportunity if you want to work with an organization who is committed to making a difference.
Reporting to the Executive Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Being the first point of contact for visitors coming to our office, calling in, internet contacts and emails
- Maintaining all files
- Supports and assists with management of the Gold Rush program
- Procurement of office and other supplies required for the organization
- Supports fundraising activities by supporting Executive Director with preparation of support materials
- Maintains contacts lists of funders, supporters/donors and key individuals
- Provides research as required
- Maintains insurance documents for the organization
- Support board meetings by preparing documents and taking minutes as required
- Input data into data bases as required, including providing backup to other roles
- Preparing reports as requested
Your qualifications and experience:
- Training in office administration at Community College level is preferred
- 5 years of experience working in an administrative support role
- Excellent customer service skills are required
- Experience working in a not-for-profit environment would be considered an asset
- Ability to interact in a positive way with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Team Player with a willingness to support other team members
This is a full-time position with a 37.5 hour work week. The position is based on a standard work week with standard business hours Monday to Friday (some flexibility may be available).
If this feels like the right role for you come help us achieve our VISION that
All children and youth will have enriching experiences growing up and achieve success in life.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the job title in the subject line of your email.
Closing Date: August 16th
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
At Boys and Girls Club/Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miramichi, we believe that diversity and inclusion in our organization allows us to reflect the community in which we work. We will lead by example for the youth we work with ensuring our organization, its policies and its actions provide a warm, welcome environment which promotes inclusion.