SNAP Facilitator (Stop Now and Plan)
SNAP Facilitator (Stop Now and Plan) - Part time - Contract
Boys & Girls Clubs / Big Brothers Big Sisters
Boys & Girls Clubs / Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miramichi is an organization that believes in the promise of all children. Our team works with community volunteers, partners and other supporters to create safe environments for children to be between school and home and to provide caring mentoring relationships for children and youth. Now, more than ever, the kids in our community need us and we are looking for great staff to join our team.
As the SNAP Facilitator you will be the key leader for the SNAP (Stop Now and Plan) program for children in Elementary Schools. The program is delivered in 14 local schools. Great for someone who wants stay involved in teaching without being committed to a full-time role or someone who is starting out and wants to gain valuable experience in a part time role. Great for balancing family and work.
We need someone who is high energy and loves working with children. Here are some links to find out more about the SNAP program https://www.bbbsmiramichi.com/boys-girls-club/snap-stop-now-and-plan/
Reporting to the Program Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Deliver the SNAP program in the elementary schools
- Ensuring that the delivery of the SNAP Program is consistent with the mission, values, policies, procedures, standards and priorities of the organization and are provided within assigned resources
- Providing a clear community profile of visibility and leadership that well represents the organization.
- Provides vigorous leadership towards the achievement of an excellent professional environment and exemplary supervision
- Weekly SNAP Leaders Team meeting and meetings as required to deal with operational issues, as well as the strategic vision and directions for the organization
- Regularly regularly reviews performance strengths and issues in keeping with organization's policy and service standards
- Performs other assigned duties in the interests of the organization
Your qualifications and experience:
- REQUIRED: High energy and enthusiasm for working with kids
- Teaching experience is preferred
- Other training or facilitation experience would be considered
- Working with children in groups
This is a contract role:
Term 1: Sept - Nov - 13 weeks
Term 2: Feb - April - 13 weeks
Over 2 days per week (between 9 - 3) you will work up to 15 hours per week
Location: Local elementary schools in the Miramichi region
If this feels like the right role for you come help us achieve our VISION that
All children and youth will have enriching experiences growing up and achieve success in life.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the job title in the subject line of your email.
Closing Date: August 6th
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
At Boys & Girls Clubs / Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miramichi, we believe that diversity and inclusion in our organization allows us to reflect the community in which we work. We will lead by example for the youth we work with ensuring our organization, its policies and its actions provide a warm, welcome environment which promotes inclusion.