Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
Who are we?
FutureFit AI is an AI-powered platform that acts as a GPS to help workers navigate career transitions, supporting them from career navigation, to reskilling, to job placement. We partner with Fortune 500 companies, global staffing firms, and governments to deploy our platform globally, including organizations like RBC, ManpowerGroup, WSP, and others. Our work using AI to support reskilling efforts and reimagine layoffs through outskilling has been recognized and covered by the Wall Street Journal, World Economic Forum, US Government, UK Government, and Nesta. We were selected for NextAI 2019, Top 30 Google AI finalist, a $1M future of work prize in Canada, and a Techstars cohort in 2020. Our head office is located in Toronto, Ontairo. This is a remote position.
Why work with us?
Small, but growing team of less than 50. You will join a small caring team of engineers, business, and product stakeholders; all focused on using technology to improve lives and outcomes for people going through career transitions. We care about the impact our technology can have on workers and bring deep empathy to our work.
We strongly believe that quality of talent is best measured by motivation, alignment of purpose, skills, depth of experiences, and learning agility. While your past learning and work experiences help us understand who you are, what has shaped you, and what you have been exposed to, we do not use minimum education or years of experience requirements in our job postings.
- Do you want to apply your expertise on a modern technology stack while making a positive social impact?
- Do you enjoy space to work independently and take ownership of deliverables?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, without the constraints typically found in a large organization?
We are seeking a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our team. This role will be primarily focused on our front-end, but also provide support in our backend code bases as needed.
- You will collaborate with the Director of Engineering to lead architectural decisions for our front-end
- Define coding standards for our front-end engineering.
- Mentor junior engineers on best practices.
- Design, code and test scalable, secure and high-performance React web applications for desktops and mobile devices while maintaining efficiency and testability.
- Maintain applications by finding defects, debugging, troubleshooting issues, and conducting code reviews.
- Support back-end Node.js/Express service development as needed.
- Collaborate with other engineers on all aspects of engineering.
- Onboarding/Learning Stack/Product
- Complete first features shipped to customers
- Begin assessment of current front-end architecture, use of redux and redux saga.
- 60 days:
- Complete front-end architecture assessment; report findings and provide recommendations.
- Work with the Director of Engineering to identify and scope work stemming from assessment.
- Work with the Director of Engineering to plan front-end architectural changes, i.e., combining two front-end interfaces.
- Own role as practice and technology lead for front-end development.
- Mentor front-end team.
- Define front-end best practices and coding standards.
- Frontend: React, Redux, Redux Saga, Axios, CSS, HTML5, i18n, WCAG2.0
- Nice to have: GitLab, CI/CD, ExpressJS, REST API, Microservices
- A sharp, kind, and open-minded human driven by both excellence and impact.
- A quick learner interested in SaaS software development who actively stays on top of the latest technology trends; preferably keen to do the same for the future of work.
- Looking to contribute to building and growing an impact-driven AI and technology business.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation commensurate with experience and skills
- Health and Dental Benefits
Brendan Hagerty | Senior Recruiter & Manager of Business Development | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.