Full Time Permanent Position
Medavie HealthEd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Medavie Health Services. It is responsible to deliver a broad range of high quality and professional health education programs. Medavie HealthEd is a provider of high quality, Accreditation Canada accredited Paramedicine training programs in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Saskatchewan.
You will be responsible for providing day to day business support and administrative services for the Medavie HealthEd team. This position requires a customer service-oriented individual who is self-motivated with an optimistic outlook and who thrives on helping and supporting others by ensuring inquiries and general administrative issues are dealt with in a timely and appropriate manner.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Typing correspondence, memos, confidential reports, minutes and agendas;
- Assisting in the development of presentation materials using desktop technology;
- Proofreading transcribed correspondence for grammatical accuracy, sentence structure and content;
- Supports the Learning Management System (LMS) sites for Medavie HealthEd and manages inquires via ampEducator;
- Organizes and coordinates travel arrangements, meeting facilities and compiles monthly expense claim forms;
- Records data and reports on inquiries, appointments, interviews, applications, testing, enrollments and starts;
- Coordinating schedules and appointments;
- Establishes an initial relationship with prospective students;
- Ordering and maintaining stationery, office supplies, etc., following approved purchasing guidelines;
- Compiling and organizing data for analysis and reporting;
- Receiving and prioritizing incoming phone messages, e-mails, faxes, mail, couriers etc. for the team;
- Maintaining the team's filing system and keeping an accurate record of correspondence and reports;
- Greeting customers and stakeholders as they arrive at the school;
- Performing other such similar, comparable or related duties as may be required or assigned.
As the ideal candidate for this role, you:
- Completion of post-secondary education in Business Administration and/or Office Support Services.
- Experience working in adult education is considered an asset.
- Experience working with LMS software is an asset.
- A minimum of five years' experience in the Administrative Assistant environment.
- Familiarity with the paramedic program would be an asset.
- Have strong computer skills using a variety of office software products such as: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Internet;
- Work well in a fast-paced environment;
- Are well organized with the ability to prioritize workload;
- Are a self-motivated team player and able to work independently;
- Possess excellent typing and proof-reading skills with high attention to detail;
- Have excellent communication skills both oral and written;
- Are comfortable working to a schedule with demanding turn-around times.
Bilingualism is an asset for this position.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and possess the necessary qualifications, please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the competition number in the file name along with your first and last name.
Competition closes August 1, 2021.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie HealthEd is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.