Opportunities for Deckhands
Harbour Development in Saint John, NB
OPPORTUNITES FOR DECKHANDS
Harbour Development is a large Eastern Canadian Marine Construction and Dredging company with over 60 years of experience delivering professional dredging and marine construction services to various private and public marine stakeholders.
- Make safety and protection of the environment the top priority at all times by adhering to the company's protective clothing policies and safe working practices and procedures, under the direction and supervision of the superintendents.
- Perform Watchkeeping duties, as required.
- Perform fire and security rounds and maintain gangway watch while in port, as instructed by the superintendent.
- Perform general maintenance and hygiene duties as directed by the superintendent, including painting, cleaning, planned maintenance work and tank inspections.
- Perform deckhand duties at port and offshore installations, including; Mooring, unmooring and line hanging; handling ship - assist lines; loading stores; cargo loading, discharging and back loading including cargo hose handling, cargo lashing; anchor handling and towing operations.
- Primary location: Saint John Harbour. May be required to travel within Atlantic provinces.
- Contribute to Harbour Developments safety culture by:
- Understand and comply with various safety processes within the Safety Management System.
- Possess the skills to perform job related tasks and apply safe practices while performing physical tasks.
- Have a through understanding of precautions and procedures related to the Safety Management System.
- Have thorough understanding of pollution regulations and the company's objectives regarding environmental protection.
Training, Experience and Certification Requirements:
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Marine Emergency Duties
- Transport Canada Marine Medical
- H2S Alive
- Marine First Aid and CPR
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certificate (TDG)
- Vessel Personnel with Security Responsibilities.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Harbour Development Incorporated is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.