Continuous Improvement Specialist
Acadian Wild Blueberry Company is a leading processor of Wild Blueberries and recently added a battered products line at its state of the art factory in Bois Gagnon, New Brunswick. Acadian Wild is a division of the Oxford Food Group, the world's largest processor of Wild Blueberries.
The Continuous Improvement Specialist will report directly to the Plant Manager at Acadian Wild.
- Bilingual would be considered an asset;
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering in either Mechanical, Industrial, or Chemical discipline or Red Seal Certificate for either Industrial Mechanic or Industrial Electrician or equivalent industrial experience;
- Relevant experience working in a manufacturing environment;
- Experience within food manufacturing would be considered an asset;
- Experience in Process Management, Process Development/Improvement related projects;
- Experience with PLC, AutoCAD, and processing;
- Skills and abilities: communication skills both verbal and written, effective leadership, and high attention to detail.
- Pro-actively identify where processes can be adapted and optimized to ensure cost effectiveness for all departments at Acadian Wild;
- Verify practices for efficiency and accuracy to ensure that they are safe and improve quality;
- Facilitate and lead the change process within the organizations products and processes;
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of our supply base; strengths and weaknesses of internal procedures and business processes; strengths and weaknesses of equipment; and the strengths and weaknesses of key personnel who contribute to the quality of the products and services offered by the organization;
- Provide training and support to both internal and external stakeholders.
Please forward your resume with a covering letter demonstrating how your skills and experience meet the above qualifications. Resumes should be e-mailed referencing "Continuous Improvement Specialist" to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies or telephone calls please.