WorkSafeNB is passionate about promoting health and safety in New Brunswick workplaces. When a workplace injury does occur, we provide caring recovery services, benefits and compensation to those injured and their families. We're focused on driving a safety-first culture, providing effective recovery and return to work services, and maintaining a sustainable system that ensures New Brunswickers are protected for generations to come.
WorkSafeNB is accepting applications for a permanent position of Senior Investigator. This position can be located anywhere in the province however, travel will be required.
Reporting to the Manager, Enterprise Risk Management, you will help protect the integrity of the compensation system by developing and applying processes, procedures and techniques to assist in the detection, deterrence, and resolution of fraud and abuse. This will include conducting investigations, fact-finding, gathering evidence, obtaining statements, preparing affidavits and reports, and providing supporting material as required.
Your key areas of responsibility include:
- Implementing and managing the program to effectively address suspected and known cases of fraud and abuse.
- Conducting surveillance respecting allegations of fraud and abuse as required.
- Gathering information for claims adjudication, rehabilitation services, case management purposes and third-party actions and applications under Section 11(2) of the Workers' Compensation Act.
- Conducting fact-finding interviews and write necessary reports, including supportive material as required.
- Assisting in investigations conducted by enforcement agencies as required.
- Participating in the public awareness education program and make required presentations as directed.
- Overseeing and providing advice to and about external investigators contracted by the Commission.
You will have demonstrated abilities in the following competencies:
- Client-Focused Service
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Ensuring Accountability
- Emotional Intelligence/Self Awareness
As the ideal candidate, you possess:
- University degree or college diploma.
- Minimum of five years relevant work experience including formal training in investigation techniques preferably in the field of fraud investigations.
- Knowledge of New Brunswick industries and occupations are mandatory.
- Knowledge of the Criminal Code of Canada.
- Knowledge of evidence gathering and retention for both criminal and civil cases.
- Knowledge of the MS Office products.
- Experience working with large data sets and performing analytics would be considered an asset.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Travel is required.
Written and spoken competence in English is required, but Bilingualism in both official languages would be considered an asset.
WorkSafeNB offers a competitive annual salary with excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability insurance).
- Pension plan (Province of New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan).
- Competitive vacation and leave benefits.
- Company vehicle.
- Opportunities for professional development and advancement in the organization.
Support to attend professional association activities.
If you are interested in an exciting, challenging and rewarding career with WorkSafeNB, please apply online at worksafenb.ca by August 3, 2021.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information about WorkSafeNB, or this and other employment opportunities, please visit our website at worksafenb.ca.