Human Resources Coordinator (part-time)
About the position
We are seeking a part time Human Resources Coordinator (20 hours/week) to support all HR related activities at Cannabis NB. This critical administrative role reports to and works closely with the HR manager to perform and execute on a wide variety of HR related tasks. In addition to being organized and analytical, this role requires someone with strong communication skills that allow them to interact with a wide variety of team members from across the company, as well as playing a key role in welcoming new team members and giving them a view of Cannabis NB's culture and voice.
To be successful in this role, you must be professional, friendly, possess good communication skills and be able to remain calm under pressure. Ultimately, as the HR Coordinator, you will play a front-line role in welcoming our new team members and setting them up for success, as well as being a key collaborator with your co-workers.
- Administering new hire documentation ensuring accurate and timely processing;
- Support all activities related to full-cycle recruitment including scheduling interviews, screening candidates, and creating employment contracts.
- Administrative support including document management, clerical tasks, drafting communications and scheduling meetings;
- Support the administration of various employee benefits;
- Provide support as needed with engagement initiatives including issuing engagement surveys, and coordinating employee events;
- Review and edit various HR documents and communications and keep employee manuals and HR documents up to date as directed by the HR Manager;
- Take initiative to improve processes and procedures with a high sense of independence;
- Understand key company policies, and answer questions about them from managers and employees on occasion;
- Conduct small projects and participate in various corporate committees as needed.
- This role can be done remotely within New Brunswick, but occasionally travel to ROC (Retail Operations Centre - our head office in Fredericton) or to a store location across the province will be required.
- What do you need to be successful?
- 1 to 3+ years experience in in an administrative role; HR experience or certification would be considered a strong asset;
- Fluent in both official languages (French and English) is an asset;
- High degree of discretion to ensure confidentiality of files;
- Advanced MS Office skills;
- Excellent customer service and the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels and from diverse backgrounds;
- Strong attention to detail and able to operate with a sense of urgency;
- Strong sense of initiative and independence;
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to juggle multiple deadlines and priorities;
- Knowledge of general HR policies and best practices.
What's in it for You?
Being part of the Cannabis NB team means being part of an organization that values its team members and makes engagement and clear communication a priority. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and we value work-life balance and personal and professional growth. We have a supportive, collaborative and flexible work environment with a team that likes to have a little fun while we work.
How do I join the Cannabis NB Team?
Share your resume and a cover letter with us through our online application system. All applications should be received no later than August 2, 2021.
We will contact those who are being considered to share next steps, but we thank everyone who applies for your interest. For more information about Cannabis NB, please visit www.cannabis-nb.com.