Job Title: Intermediate Computer Developer/Analyst
Job Posting #: 5743
Department: Aeronautical Support Engineering
Department #: 3020
Reports To: ASE Computer Support Supervisor
Date Posted: July 9, 2021
Position Type: Permanent
Design, modify, develop, write, test, implement and support engineering software applications. Provide IT support for engineering activities. Document the current state of software design for selected systems. Provide software training where required.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Database driven software development using.NET (VB, C#, ASP), and Python, according to design standards.
- Maintain and support existing systems according to documentation (or research & implement new solutions).
- Migrate legacy applications to newer technologies.
- Analyze technical datasets using SQL and scripts.
- Review and critique code from other developers.
- Software testing and support (including creating automated tests, creating test plans, creating test data sets, performing tests, supporting user testing, and debugging)
- Update design documentation to current standards.
- Create user documentation and conduct training when required.
- PC technical support as required.
- Regularly interact with engineering staff to identify support requirements.
- Other duties as required.
- Applicant must have successfully completed a post-secondary education curriculum for computer studies.
- No less than three (3) years' experience in a related IT role.
- Experience in Microsoft .NET languages and Python preferred.
- Experience preferred with SQL and database design & maintenance.
- An understanding of how to implement secure coding practices.
- Familiarity with Cybersecurity standards and requirements
- A willingness to learn new techniques & technologies when required to support new projects.
- Strong technical communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with engineers/clients.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience with several of the following is required:
- Application development
- Object-oriented programming concepts
- Multiple programming languages
- SQL for SQL Server and Oracle
- Software design
- Software documentation
- Software testing
- IT Technical support
- Database administration
- Server administration
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of the MS Office and MS Windows environments
- Able to follow software development and documentation standards
- Able to work independently and with others
- Able to have a strong working relationship with engineers and application users
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area.
- Incumbents must be able to pass and maintain Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) and Transport Canada security clearances;
- The successful applicants will be eligible to meet requirements for the U.S. International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR), and Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP);
- Applicant must be able to pass and maintain a Level II (Secret) security clearance with the Department of National Defence
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal people, visible minority groups, persons with disabilities and women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application form, cover letter or resume.