Human Resource Manager
About the position
Cannabis NB is looking to add an experienced HR professional to our team. Working closely with the leadership team, our HR Manager will support all HR activities including recruitment, team development, leadership development, employee relations, coaching, performance management, attendance support and total rewards. The HR Manager will report to the Vice President of Operations and will be the lead HR professional at Cannabis NB, guiding and adapting our HR strategy and supporting the growth of the company.
What you will be doing
As the HR Manager you will support all leadership at Cannabis NB with recruitment for both Head Office and customer facing positions. You will be a champion for engagement and will help Cannabis NB identify risk areas to engagement and develop strategies for continuous improvement in this area. You will provide subject matter expertise and guidance on HR related issues and coach managers at all levels on how to best address situations as they arise. You are an HR leader who enjoys taking ownership of HR strategy, but is also comfortable supporting operations day to day.
- Guiding the HR priorities for the organization
- Identifying opportunities for improvement across all aspects of the organization
- Leading full-cycle recruitment for all levels of the organization
- Develop engagement strategies and support leaders with the implementation of best practices
- Supporting leaders in the performance management best practices
- Providing guidance on development plans and succession plans for Cannabis NB
- Managing administrative tasks, ensuring accurate systems data, and providing reporting as applicable. Familiarity with ADP would be an asset
- Championing engagement and the Cannabis NB culture to all team members
Your leadership skills
You are a seasoned HR professional who can guide strategy, and proactively recommend improvements across all areas of the HR function. You thrive in an environment where you balance developing strategy and long term planning, while rolling up your sleeves to achieve short term goals and ensure continuous improvement and growth. You lead by example and you enjoy leading others, including a part-time HR Coordinator who will be assisting with the implementation and execution of all HR related activities.
This role can be done remotely within New Brunswick, but occasional travel to ROC (Retail Operations Centre - our head office in Fredericton) or to a store location across the province will be required.
What do you need to be successful?
- Degree or diploma in Business Administration or similar, or a combination of relevant education and experience
- 5+ years of HR experience in progressively senior roles
- Fluent in both official languages (French and English) is an asset
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in your day-to-day activities
- Comfort with a rapidly changing environment in a dynamic and growing industry
- A sense of humour doesn't hurt either.
What's in it for You?
Being part of the Cannabis NB team means being part of an organization that values its team members and makes engagement and clear communication a priority. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and we value work-life balance and personal and professional growth. We also aren't opposed to having a little fun while we get the job done ????.
How do I join the Cannabis NB Team?
Share your resume and a cover letter with us through our online application system. All applications should be received no later than August 2, 2021.
We will contact those who are being considered to share next steps, but we thank everyone who applies for your interest. For more information about Cannabis NB, please visit www.cannabis-nb.com.