Administrative Support (Clinical) (1025)
Competition #: 6-14611 EXT
Salary: $21.5833 to $23.2324
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Chaleur Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Laboratory - Pathology
CLASSIFICATION: Administrative Support (Clinical) (1025)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Day
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Perform a variety clerical and secretarial tasks, including medical transcription for the Pathology sector. Record specimens in Meditech, including surgical specimens and cytopathology specimens.
N.B. These are only the main duties of the position. Other related duties may occasionally be assigned as required for the smooth operation of the Laboratory sector.
- Secondary school diploma / GED, plus certificate from an administrative support program of at least one year and up to two years in length with medical terminology or medical transcription courses;
- One year of previous experience is required;
- Good knowledge of and ability to use computer tools (Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.);
- Ability to transcribe medical reports;
- Ability to type accurately at an acceptable speed;
- Ability to perform work without constant supervision;
- Ability to set priorities and organize work;
- Shows discretion;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to the professional ethics principles, management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with Vitalité Health Network's confidentiality rules.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.