Project Assistant (Full-time, Bilingual)
The New Brunswick Real Estate Association (NBREA) is a provincial association of REALTORS® working together to strengthen the standards of professionalism in the industry. NBREA's mission is to regulate, advocate for and educate its members to advance the real estate profession and protect the public interest. One of NBREA's roles is to co-regulate the practice of trading in real estate within the province of New Brunswick in conjunction with the Financial and Consumer Services Commission (FCNB).
The Association is looking for a full-time, bilingual Project Assistant to join our team.
Complete projects as assigned by the CEO, Registrar, Education Officer, Communications Officer, Financial Officer, and the Office Coordinator. Provide administrative support to ensure the efficient operation of the office. Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist Education Officer with various duties related to development or delivery of education for pre-licensing education and/or mandatory continuing professional development education; support on other Education assigned projects, as needed.
- Assist Office Coordinator with daily responsibilities related to member services and/or student inquiries; act as primary back-up for Office Coordinator; support on other Office Coordinator projects, as needed.
- Assist Communications & Events Officer with website design and updates; assist with preparation of the Annual General Meeting and conference; assist with development of member dispatches including graphics, and/or videos, utilized for the promotion of the REALTOR® Code and the value of a REALTOR®; support on other Communications & Events assigned duties, as needed.
- Assist Registrar with development of training programs for the Complaint and Discipline process; assist with administrative duties in preparation for hearings; assist with maintenance of association membership database; support on other Registrar assigned projects, as needed.
- Assist Financial Officer with regular maintenance of various financial spreadsheets; support on other Financial Officer projects, as needed.
- Assist CEO in Association matters including Annual meetings, Board meetings, by-laws and legislation review; lead and/or support on other CEO assigned projects.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, working under strict deadlines, while being flexible and able to react appropriately to last minute changes.
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality in handling sensitive information.
- Ability to work with attention to detail and within established deadlines.
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills, exercising tact and diplomacy. Ability to understand and compose official documents.
- Ability to understand and comply with strict guidelines defined by legislation, bylaws, procedure manual. Ability to make decisions, based on guidelines.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe, WordPress, Canva, Powtoon, exposure to database management systems, and any other video-editing software.
- Ability to take initiative and spearhead projects to the benefit of the Association.
- The candidate must demonstrate initiative, flexibility, creativity, and professionalism.
- Proficiency in English and French.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Post-secondary education with one to three years with directly related work experience.
- Knowledge or background in the real estate industry would be considered an asset.
The New Brunswick Real Estate Association offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter by July 31, 2021 to the following:
c/o Jane Girard
22 Durelle Street
Fredericton, NB E3C 0G2
All applications will be treated in strictest of confidence.