Forest Machine Operator
Northern NB Woodlands in Saint Leonard, NB
FOREST MACHINE OPERATOR
J.D. Irving, Limited, Woodlands Division, with head offices at 300 Union Street Saint John, New Brunswick, E2L 4M3, is currently seeking candidates for Forest Machine Operator positions. The positions are located in the forests of Northern New Brunswick in Eastern Canada and report to the Forestry Operations Supervisor. The Forest Machine Operator is tasked with supplying our mills with the wood they need to produce high quality products which are sold to customers throughout North America. They will be expected to operate the forest machine in a safe, efficient and productive manner according to J.D. Irving, Limited's Best Management Practices.
- Education Required:
- High school diploma minimum
- Certified Forest Machine Operator considered an asset
- Certified Heavy Equipment Mechanic considered an asset
- Years of Experience Required: 2 years of experience with the operation of forest machinery or a combination of one year of work experience with forest machinery and practical, vocational training in the industry of forest machine operations.
- Language: French or English language work environment
- Education Required:
- Main Duty: Operate forest machines (including but not limited to forwarder and harvester machines) in a safe, efficient and productive manner according to J.D. Irving, Limited's Best Management Practices
- Maintain productivity, production and utilization targets
- Perform daily maintenance and repairs as required on equipment
- May be assigned to related/ancillary tasks for short periods of time including but not limited to: equipment maintenance, tidying work areas, training, harvest and boundary line layouts, road maintenance activities, forest fire prevention activities.
Number of Openings: Multiple
Employment Locations: Work occurs in northern forests in New Brunswick. The reporting office is located at: 48 Chemin Grande-Rivière, St-Léonard, New Brunswick E7E 2M7.
Hourly Rate: $23.00 - $27.00 per hour based on experience and ability to use more complex forest machinery. Increases are also based on set targets and productivity assessments during the course of employment.
Terms of Employment: Permanent role. Full-time hours.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Click the button that says "Apply For Job" and follow the steps
Want to learn more about JDI? https://www.jdirving.com/
Want to Learn More about New Brunswick?
J.D. Irving, Limited, Woodlands Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.