Registered Cardiology Technologist (EC01)
Competition #: 1-14952 EXT
Salary: $26.98 to $34.08
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: MSP
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
CLASSIFICATION: Registered Cardiology Technologist (EC01)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8 and 12-hour shifts - Rotation
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Reporting to the Manager of Respiratory Therapy and Electrodiagnostic Services, the cardiology technologist performs various diagnostic procedures to help physicians diagnose the electrophysiological and mechanical functions of the heart. The technologist also performs phlebotomy-related procedures during night shifts.
- Diploma as a cardiology technologist involving one or more years of training;
- Member in good standing of the New Brunswick Society of Cardiology Technologists;
- Successful completion of phlebotomy training offered internally;
- Ability to transcribe and input texts containing medical terms;
- Knowledge of the computer system;
- Proven ability to organize and manage assigned workload;
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to operate in a changing work environment;
- Ability to work independently and on a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, the Network's management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set forth by the Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.