Senior Plant Accountant
Irving Tissue in Dieppe, NB
SENIOR PLANT ACCOUNTANT
A division of Irving Consumer Products, Irving Tissue is a manufacturer of quality household paper products. Consumers know us by our Majesta and Royale brands. Based in Dieppe, NB, we are part of J.D. Irving, Limited.
At Irving Consumer Products, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. We are a family-owned and operated company that has grown to become one of North America's leading manufacturers of household paper products. Irving Consumer Products produces branded and private label bathroom tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, as well as napkins.
Irving Tissue is searching for a Senior Accountant. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will work closely with the Finance Manager in statement preparation and interpretation, budgeting preparation and presentation.
Responsible for timely and accurate clarifying of company assets and the insurance of integrity of results. This role will assist in management decision making through analysis and interpretation of information. All aspects of the financials reporting cycle will be touched in this role.
- Preparation, presentation, and analysis of financial results (both weekly and monthly) in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Identify and lead key initiatives to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting function
- Analysis of financial results including variance and trend analysis
- Involvement in the preparation of the annual budget, audit and tax files in accordance with corporate policy
- Conduct operational analysis and assess customer profitability to assist in management decision making
- Present information solutions for decision makers
Skills and Knowledges:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel abilities
- Familiarity with JD Edwards would be considered an asset
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong sense of urgency to complete tasks
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate, and manage multiple activities
- Detail-oriented with a focus on delivering high quality work
- Drive and motivation to continually ensure integrity and improve financial reporting
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: Ability to convey results to various audiences with ease
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Consumer Products Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.