Doaktown Sawmill in Doaktown, NB
At J. D. Irving, Limited we provide unlimited career opportunities in a team based collaborative environment, and help you achieve your professional goals through ongoing development opportunities. We are focused on continuous improvement, and use leading edge technology. We offer a wide range of health and wellness programs to our employees and their families, and are proud supporters of our communities. Come join us to grow your career!
J.D. Irving, Limited is currently seeking a motivated individual for the role of Maintenance Supervisor in Doaktown, NB.
Why Choose this Job:
- Current and future opportunities to work in Atlantic Canada
- Requires someone who is hard working, energetic and motivated
- Dynamic career opportunities for growth and experience
- Part of a large, family-oriented, team environment
The Job Opportunity:
- Commitment to top performance in a safe work environment
- Supervision of industrial mechanics, electricians and welders in a mill setting
- Lead improvement of Maintenance Best Practices and Mill operating practices
- Data collection and analysis, including financial analysis of potential and active projects
- Ensuring projects are in control and measuring savings
- Training and development of an apprentice
- Availability for evenings and weekends when required
- Education Required:
- Trade Certification or Associate's Degree in a related technical field
- Minimum Block 2 Certification
- Valid driver's license and clean drivers abstract are essential
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience
- Mechanical knowledge is required
- Project management and prioritization skills is required
- Lean Six Sigma training is an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office and JD Edwards E1 are an asset
To Apply for this Career Opportunity: Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited, Sawmill Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.