Posted 25 days ago This job may expire soon!
Competition Number: 21003491
ASSOCIATE PROJECT MANAGER (ENGINEERING)
Are you a Mechanical or Electrical Engineer? Do you have experience as a project manager? This opportunity could be for you!
We are looking for a Project Managers to join our Project Engineering team, based in Saint John, New Brunswick.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for leading and managing multi-disciplined capital projects. From project concept development to project start-up, you will be responsible to lead a team through all phases of projects including scope definition and funding applications, detailed engineering design, procurement, construction, commissioning, and start-up activities. The Project Manager and Team will be responsible for ensuring the projects are executed safely, in compliance with all environmental regulations, kept within budget and on schedule, and achieve all technical, performance, and quality objectives.
Who We Are:
Our team operates within highly technical, fast paced, competitive businesses and is part of an integrated forest products value chain under J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI). Our goal is to play an integrated role in sustainably transforming our renewable forest resources into value-added products for today's consumer markets.
We are not just invested in forest products; we are invested in people. We know that our overall success is a combined effort, and we therefore strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and thrive. Being curious and focused on innovation is key to leading a successful team. True leaders never stop learning and are never satisfied with the status quo.
We operate four Pulp and Paper Mills out of Saint John and St. George New Brunswick that produce 1 Million Tonnes of Product and employ over 1000 employees.
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree
- Prior experience in pulp & paper or other heavy industrial projects is considered an asset - New Graduates will be considered
- Ability to successfully execute within a team environment
- Ability to lead cross-functional project teams involving multiple stakeholders, ensuring projects are completed in a cost-effective, timely, reliable, and safe manner
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written
- Must demonstrate ownership, initiative, attention-to-detail, and a drive to ensure things are done right the first time.
- Above-average planning and organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- More than $400Million invested into improving and growing the future of the Pulp & Paper Division.
- Significant Capital Investment at all four of our Pulp and Paper Mills
- Career Growth in Engineering, Maintenance, Operations, Leadership, Finance and many other disciplines
- Significant investment in training with partnerships with some of the best Educational Institutions in the country
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador), and the United States. We are a team of 18,000 dedicated employees.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Irving Forest Services, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later