Youth Settlement Officer
The Multicultural Association, Chaleur Region is a non-profit organization that promotes the cultural development of our region and assists in the settlement and integration of our newcomers.
The MACR aims to:
- Facilitate contact and communication between the various ethnic and cultural groups in the region.
- Promote harmonious relations between cultural groups and individuals.
- Provide information and assistance to newcomers to the community.
- To increase public awareness and promote acceptance of multiculturalism.
Nature of Work
Promote and deliver a welcoming and integration process for the newcomer youth. Develop and implement various activities, projects and/or awareness programs related to cultural diversity with various target groups in the Chaleur region. Maintain positive relationships with schools, youth groups and other community groups to promote activities for newcomer youth.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience preferred with children or youth
- A college or university degree in administration or related field
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Must have a vehicle and be willing to travel.
- Teamwork is a must
- Flexible hours (evenings and weekends)
- Willing to work at a fast pace
Office hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday
Salary according to experience (Negotiable)
Full time: 37.5 hours/week
Friendly and dynamic work environment
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter by email to Kim.Chamberlain@macr-amrc.ca with a cover letter.
You may also drop off your resume at the MACR office located at 325 Main Street, Bathurst, NB E2A 1B1
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.