Job Title: Reliability Engineer/Technologist/Technician
Job Posting #: 5704
Department: LSA Engineering
Department #: 3035A
Reports To: LSA Manager
Date Posted: June 14, 2021
Location: Halifax Stanfield International Airport
Position Type: Permanent
To provide a full spectrum of Reliability Engineering and Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) solutions for various IMP contracts which include Commercial and Military, Aerospace, Naval and Land Programs.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Determine which Reliability Centered Maintenance tools are appropriate for the job and apply tools and best practices effectively.
- Improve and automate existing Failure Reporting and Corrective Action Systems.
- Develop and update Preventive Maintenance strategies.
- Perform Life Cycle Costs Analyses, Cost Benefit Analyses and make recommendations based on availability and long-term cost.
- Provide mentorship to more junior department members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technologist technician qualification coupled with appropriate experience in reliability engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of engineering experience with a minimum of 3 years specializing in reliability engineering. Reliability experience must be adequately demonstrated in resume.
- Must be able to take initiative and be a self-directed learner.
- Professional qualifications i.e. CMRP or CRE considered an asset.
- Failure analysis experience considered an asset.
- Experience in using the following software tools: Windchill Quality Solutions (Relex or similar RAMS Modelling application), Omega PS (or similar LSAR database) Omega PS Analyzer (or similar LORA, LCC, spares modelling) considered an asset.
- Military and civil aircraft reliability standards knowledge considered an asset.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area.
- Incumbents must be able to pass and maintain Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) and Transport Canada security clearances.
- The successful applicants will be eligible to meet requirements for the U.S International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR), and Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP).
- Applicants must be able to pass and maintain a Level II (Secret) security clearance with the Department of National Defence.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups you are encouraged to self identify on either your application form, covering letter or resume.