Quality Control Inspector
OSCO Construction Group in Brampton, ON
With a solid history dating back to 1958, PreCon Precast Limited (now a member of the OSCO Construction Group) is known as a leading provider of architectural and structural precast concrete solutions with locations in Brampton and Woodstock. Across Ontario, you will find PreCon precast products and systems used in a variety of construction segments. Our value creation is cultivated by our workforce; a strong team built of Technical Sales, Engineering, Project Management, Production and Field Services. We pride ourselves in being leaders in precast concrete innovation; building more resilient, energy efficient, sustainable, safe and durable structures.
This position is responsible for reviewing and understanding plans and specifications, and ensuring completed work meets the stated requirements. Located at the Brampton plant, this is a position that requires diligent compliance to safety regulations.
As the Quality Control Inspector, the ideal candidate must be able to read and interpret shop drawings, be detailed, and focused on the task at hand while managing priorities and deadlines. In general, this is a position where guidelines, structure, and established procedures must be followed closely.
- Monitor the concrete manufacturing process to ensure quality and compliance with design and specification requirements
- Inspect completed work to ensure finished concrete products meet the quality standards set by the Company though specifications and plan requirements
- Note and report on work that does not meet requirements
- Proactively suggest improvements to current processes
- Implement corrective actions when required, after consultation with the Foreman and QC Engineer
- Communicate effectively with both staff and management
- Minimum two-year Engineering Technology diploma, or equivalent experience in a Quality Control position
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints/shop drawings
- Willingness to pursue PCI certification
- Team oriented
- Strong detail orientation
- Desire to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, customer-focused environment
- Be aware of and comply with all relevant safety policy and procedures
As a member of the OSCO Construction Group, PreCon offers a comprehensive compensation package including health and dental coverage, life insurance, RRSP and tax-free savings account options. Additionally, we offer educational scholarships to dependents of employees, health & wellness programming and team celebratory events.
The origins of the OSCO Construction Group go back to 1955 when Ocean Steel & Construction Ltd. was founded in Saint John, New Brunswick. Since that time, the OSCO Construction Group has grown to encompass four main operating sectors: Steel, Concrete, Construction and Corporate. Within these sectors lie an ever-expanding number of companies and divisions, serving a growing market area and employing over twelve hundred employees.
The OSCO Construction Group prides itself not just in embracing change, but in leading it. We drive this change by maintaining our vision to be fast, be global and be connected. All of our sectors are committed to: conducting business with integrity and fairness; continuous education & training of our employees; improving our processes; focusing on our customers' needs; and, providing top quality products & services.