Property Support Assistant
Why BOYNECLARKE LLP?
We are a dynamic, fast-growing full-service law firm located in downtown Dartmouth, with spectacular views of the Halifax Harbour. We understand that the success and well-being of our clients and our staff is often rooted in our shared community, that is why we are deeply invested in giving back. We strengthen and support our commitment to community through various programs and initiatives, including volunteer time programs, staff-driven initiatives, and casual days that support a different staff-selected charity each month. We also understand that work-life integration, health, and wellness play an important role in staffs' ability to be successful and maintain a healthy working environment. Through financial literacy programs, fitness classes, wellness subsidy program, and committee driven initiatives, we invest in maintaining an environment that our staff can thrive in.
What Are We Looking For?
We are seeking an experienced, highly attentive, and motivated individual to join our Property team. Our Support Assistants are responsible for a range of duties, included but not limited to:
- Facilitating full-cycle real estate transactions and work related to purchase, sale, refinance, and new home construction;
- Reviewing and prioritizing incoming mail, coordinate faxes and draft routine correspondence for lawyer review;
- Client intake, conflict searches, final reports and opening new client files;
- Maintaining up to date client files, both paper and electronic with the use of in-house document management system;
- Maintaining close contact with the court and supervising lawyer with respect to ongoing proceedings;
- Processing large volumes of documents, with ability to use technology to store and organize files diligently;
- Drafting and submitting AFRs and PDCAs for lawyer's review, and maintains the receipt of all approvals and rejection, and makes necessary amendments;
- Processing e-submissions and scanning documents for entering into Property Online; and
- Supporting the lawyers in their day-to-day activities when legal assistants are out of the office.
Our ideal candidate has the ability to anticipate the needs of others, prioritize and plan in advance, and has the ability to develop a genuine and trusting relationship with clients and co-workers. We value individuals that are highly efficient and organized with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to accurately proofread and edit documents.