Registered Nurse Class D (RNCD)
Competition #: 1-15191 EXT
Salary: $42.91 to $52.21
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : NBNU
ZONE: Zone 1B - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Health Center- Moncton
DEPARTMENT: Health Center
CLASSIFICATION: Registered Nurse Class D (RNCD)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8 or 12 hours shift - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The incumbent performs advanced nursing practice performed in a variety of health care settings. The work involves conducting comprehensive health assessments of patients; collaborating with other health care professionals as needed in the development of care plans; diagnosing conditions; prescribing medications, tests and treatments; evaluating treatments; and providing necessary follow-up care. All of these responsibilities are performed within the scope of practice for Nurse Practitioners in primary health care. Employees of this class provide a variety of direct and indirect patient/client services in the areas of disease and injury prevention and of curative, rehabilitation and supportive care. They participate in nursing and multidisciplinary rounds where appropriate; organize and conduct wellness screening and clinics; act as resource persons, mentors and preceptors; participate in advanced nursing and multidisciplinary health planning initiatives and research.
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing with successful completion of a postgraduate nurse practitioner program;
- Registration as a Nurse Practitioner with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- Five years of clinical nursing experience;
- Current BLS certificate;
- Ability to apply theoretical knowledge, good judgment and critical thinking skills of the Nurse Practitioner;
- Excellent clinical judgment and demonstrated sense of initiative;
- Good knowledge of primary health care concepts;
- Demonstrated leadership skills including good interpersonal and group communication skills;
- Demonstrated effective time management and problem solving skills;
- Teaching skills as evidenced by the ability to impart knowledge to others;
- Computer skills with Mic rosoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network .
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.