Project Coordinator, Commissioning
Competition #: 6-14268 EXT
Salary: $24.1383 to $25.9825
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Chaleur Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Maintenance
CLASSIFICATION: Project Coordinator, Commissioning
STATUS: Temporary full-time (approximately 5 years)
ANTICIPATED START DATE : June, 2021
HOURS OF WORK :
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule subject to change to meet operational needs.
Chaleur Regional Hospital in Bathurst is currently undertaking an over $200M expansion that will add 250,000 square feet to the facility's existing 550,000 square feet. The project also includes, once the expansion has been completed, a major renovation of the existing hospital's care units. The commissioning of the new space includes all activities around planning the sequences of moves, purchasing new equipment, and preparing the clinical and support teams to operate within the new physical environment. With respect to the work to be carried out within the existing hospital, one of the major challenges will be to maintain services while the work is underway, and this will require a high level of risk management and communication skills. The expansion is scheduled to go into service in 2023, at which time the work will begin on the existing section for a minimum five-year period, meaning this major project will come to a close in 2028.
Vitalité Health Network is seeking a project coordinator who will report to the Manager of the Maintenance Department of the Chaleur Regional Hospital in Bathurst. The Project Coordinator will plan, organize, direct, coordinate and conduct follow-up for the preparation and commissioning required for the above project.
- College or university training;
- Training in engineering, architecture or project management is an asset;
- Certification in project management (PMP) is an asset;
- Training in a related field deemed equivalent could be considered (logistics);
- Minimum three years' experience in a hospital, operations, maintenance, construction or as a department head;
- Project coordinator for the commissioning of at least one major project in a health network or other organization deemed equivalent;
- Experience that may be deemed equivalent to that above in a private organization whose field of expertise is related to construction project commissioning;
- Strong ability to listen, communicate, focus and mobilize people, and fill a leadership role in general;
- Strong ability to identify risks, constraints, and required solutions based on the context and circumstances and strong ability to adjust and adapt;
- Excellent knowledge of the measures required to prevent and control infections during construction work;
- Excellent knowledge of health and safety standards for staff and clients applicable in hospitals;
- Excellent knowledge of hospital operations in general;
- Excellent administrative skills producing and filing documentation, preparing for meetings, doing written demonstrations and producing working and communication tools;
- Demonstrated knowledge and working ability with the various applications in the Microsoft Office Suite, in addition to MS Project;
- Adherence to the organization's ongoing improvement principles;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Good work references with respect to performance and attendance;
- Physical and psychological abilities required for the position;
- Valid driver's licence;
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set forth by the Network;
Written and spoken knowledge of English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.